I struggle to see how Tito Ortiz was so successful in his career

Was it not a win?
What's so hard to understand
Chuck choose to fight

Do you seriously not see the problem with listing a win over peepaw chuck with his prime wins?

Chuck wasnt prime neither was Tito it was a moral victory for Tito who had been big brotherd by chuck his whole career.Tito was terrified of chuck until he seen chuck could barely speed walk and was like now's my time lol.

Fuck no the win over Liddell isnt anything to be proud of......

How does it go then m8 ? Sergei runs across and gets that 30 second ko on Tito dam that Sergei is a machine ...

no how do you see it playing out it's easy saying a name break it down , does he stuff all td and finish him no problem ? ... prime arona gives any version of Tito hell

Sergei would outbox Tito until Tito wilted....

Tito would not get the Td and would get mauled especially by a HW sergei.

Do you seriously not see the problem with listing a win over peepaw chuck with his prime wins?

Chuck wasnt prime neither was Tito it was a moral victory for Tito who had been big brotherd by chuck his whole career.Tito was terrified of chuck until he seen chuck could barely speed walk and was like now's my time lol.

Fuck no the win over Liddell isnt anything to be proud of......
So this only to Chuck or all records with older fighters who have lost

Sergei would outbox Tito until Tito wilted....

Tito would not get the Td and would get mauled especially by a HW sergei.
Thanks for your opinion I greatly appreciate it.

I disagree Sergei is more of a front runner And never wins the big fights and would lose by ud or sub . A Tito that is not injured is taking Sergei for a ride anyways over and over .

So was Tito you muppet
Chuck regressed a lot more drastically than Tito and most MMA fighters. Clearly when they fought twice in their primes, Chuck beat the living shit out of Tito. Despite all his surgeries and skull fractures, Tito has help up really really well and has always stayed in shape. I've never seen a pic of Tito fat or deflated even when he wasn't fighting for years.

1. Wanderlei was screwed
  2. Vitor was screwed
  3. Chuck Liddell was ancient
  4. Bader is mid tier
  5. Sonnen is mid tier, old
  6. Guy Mezger is old generation mma, but that was in the ole' days, and a legit win

With Chuck especially you have a basis of comparison from their primes. I'm sure if Tito fought Randy today, he'd beat him too. Probably Rashad, Forrest, Hamill, and Frank (although that was before Tito came into his best form) as well.
What that shows is Tito persevered longer than these fighters, which is a huge testament to him. But in their primes, they all beat Tito.

Probably the dumbest argument I've seen in a while I'm going to have to make an example out of you sorry in advance......

Chuck retired in 2010 after 3 consecutive knockout losses.....that's right it was 8 FUCKING YEARS he was out of the fight game ......

How in your right mind do you equate chucks beatdown of Tito in his PRIME to Tito knocking out a geriatric Liddell?

Stop with the age shit anyone with eyes can see chuck has fallen off BADLY since retiring EIGHT FUCKING YEARS AGO!!!

Chuck has been through way more miles on his body just from sparring and doing coke then add in the multiple times he was put to bed his body Is absolutely done.

No way in hell you watch Chucks Training footage for the Tito fight and say"wow that's prime chuck".Chuck looked so bad ppl actually thought it was a ploy to throw Tito off his game.......sadly it wasnt.

Your argument is literally worthless.

Yes Chuck beat Tito when Chuck was in his prime and Tito wasn't. You seriously are trying to use the Chuck destroyed his body with coke as an excuse? Tito has more fights and they have both old.

Anytime you see someone put 5 spaces between every sentence you know they are going to say something stupid. Little kids looking for attention.

With Chuck especially you have a basis of comparison from their primes. I'm sure if Tito fought Randy today, he'd beat him too. Probably Rashad, Forrest, Hamill, and Frank (although that was before Tito came into his best form) as well.
What that shows is Tito persevered longer than these fighters, which is a huge testament to him. But in their primes, they all beat Tito.

Chuck beat up a injured Tito both times. Tito had major neck surgeries to prove he had legit injuries. MMA was just different back then and people had to fight hurt. If you want to discredit Tito's win then you have to discredit Chuck's wins or you look stupid.

It counts they made the walk , Chuck actually called Tito out and said if he can't even beat Tito he doesnt belong doing this ...

That's a huge insult to Tito who has been active over th6e years .. very cocky and he got a bit of karma for it people just hate tito and like Chuck .

1. Wanderlei was screwed
  2. Vitor was screwed
  3. Chuck Liddell was ancient
  4. Bader is mid tier
  5. Sonnen is mid tier, old
  6. Guy Mezger is old generation mma, but that was in the ole' days, and a legit win

Exactly how were they "screwed". Getting the hell beat out of you is getting screwed.
You didn't know he never fought Sonnen. How sad.

Young man,

how does it not make sense?

Tito Ortiz wouldn't stand a chance against top lightweights in this day and age of modern MMA. He was fighting in the stone ages of MMA.

I think he has a great chance to win vs most of the guys outside the top three.

Average Wrestling, Striking and Submission game. Yet he has wins over huge names of the sport:

1. Wanderlei Silva
2. Vitor Belfort
3. Chuck Liddell
4. Ryan Bader
5. Chael Sonnen
6. Guy Mezger.

Champions and title contenders all.

Did you just start watching the sport? Ortiz was a pioneer and in the early days more formidable than nearly all his peers.

Yes Chuck beat Tito when Chuck was in his prime and Tito wasn't. You seriously are trying to use the Chuck destroyed his body with coke as an excuse? Tito has more fights and they have both old.

Anytime you see someone put 5 spaces between every sentence you know they are going to say something stupid. Little kids looking for attention.

Coke was the cherry on the top the real miles on chuck are all the hard sparring he did for mma and karate along with actual fighting and his actual age if near 50.

In the early days of Dana and the UFC if Dana got a guy saying he wanted to fight in the UFC first thing he did was have them spar with chuck to see if they could hang.

Theres literally nothing you said that helps your argument ...... you cant tell me you can watch the training footage of chuck for the Tito fight and say with a straight face he was in shape to fight.

Tito's win against chuck not anything to brag about at all it's nothing more then a moral victory for him any real fan can see that.

Tito is a very interesting case study. Way back when, he was a young wrestler with a bombastic personality. Before he became an excuse machine, before Chuck and Randy stole his heart, Tito was a monster matchup with a cult following that generally meant he had the arena in his pocket. Like all champions, he had his moment of invulnerability. What tends to stand out now about him, at least to me, is his post prime resurrection. He has impressive wins at every stage of his career, perhaps not many signature victories in the memories fans, but wins all the same. I can't give him too much stick on his injuries, he was a wrestler so he had to be aware of his fate, none of them escape with backs and necks intact, but there is a "what if" case to be made for him I think. Still, he has a win over the current bellator 2 division champ, and also disposed of the man who almost killed Anderson Silva. Tito deserves his due. We like to talk about Chuck and co as being legends in the early days that held the UFC on their shoulders like Atlas. Ortiz belongs in that conversation.

Ortiz carried the ufc through the dark ages. He was the poster boy of the ufc before chuck was.

So close to subbing Machida as well

Tito had his championship run when the UFC was barely staying in business and the most of the best 205 and above guys fought in Japan

it is what it is. he competed for a long time. lots of good wins. lots of losses.

Exactly how were they "screwed". Getting the hell beat out of you is getting screwed.
You didn't know he never fought Sonnen. How sad.

If you think Tito beat up either man, I suggest rewatching those fights, particularly the Belfort one.

Coke was the cherry on the top the real miles on chuck are all the hard sparring he did for mma and karate along with actual fighting and his actual age if near 50.

In the early days of Dana and the UFC if Dana got a guy saying he wanted to fight in the UFC first thing he did was have them spar with chuck to see if they could hang.

Theres literally nothing you said that helps your argument ...... you cant tell me you can watch the training footage of chuck for the Tito fight and say with a straight face he was in shape to fight.

Tito's win against chuck not anything to brag about at all it's nothing more then a moral victory for him any real fan can see that.

Tbh, when I saw chuck on TS list I totally forgot that fight even happened. Carries zero weight in the mma community to anyone besides Tito.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back