I struggle to see how Tito Ortiz was so successful in his career

Tito had already beat their long reigning champ in Silva so he was already the man at lhw

Edit until he lost in Sept of 03 then it went to silva . Tito would beat Silva back then more often than not styles make fights and Tito stand up defense was good enough to nullify wands blitz and take him down beck and he could even drop him as we saw .

Excuse brigade out in full force lmao
I honestly couldn’t care less. It was awful to watch.

But if you consider that a good win.......

It was just sad to watch.

If Tito fans want to rejoice...cool. He gets his revenge I guess and they’ll hopefully never fight again for money.....

How hard to understand he was a better/bigger wrestler than Wand, Chael, Vitor and Mezger. He used his veteran craft to beat Bader and Chuck should be in a nursing home nowadays.

I hear from Sherdog that he was banging Jenna Jameson. They met up via Twitter or something along those lines.

I honestly couldn’t care less. It was awful to watch.

But if you consider that a good win.......

It was just sad to watch.

If Tito fans want to rejoice...cool. He gets his revenge I guess and they’ll hopefully never fight again for money.....
A win is a win
Chuck knew what he was signing up for

hmmm...ya really think he would have been the man in Asia? with OW tournaments? potentially fightin´dudes like Sergei one day?

View attachment 555051
He was a lot bigger than wand and arona beat him and he had way worse striking than Tito so yes tito most definitely could use his size to bully wand and take him down and beat him in asia yes i do .

He literally beat the best version of wand , the guy went on like a 20 fight win streak right after the tito fight .

Of course it is. Top 10 is elite. But he wouldn't be a champion with the fighters he would be facing today.

No one other than Jon Jones can be champion unless JJ is suspended. And when he is suspended, no one other then DC can be champion.

Average Wrestling, Striking and Submission game. Yet he has wins over huge names of the sport:

1. Wanderlei Silva
2. Vitor Belfort
3. Chuck Liddell
4. Ryan Bader
5. Chael Sonnen
6. Guy Mezger.

Champions and title contenders all.
Fighters weren't evolved as much as today. Tito's wrestling was better than most strikers and his striking better than most wrestlers. He had very good cardio. He was like a poor man's GSP with a much lower IQ and bigger muscles.

We'll start with the 2017 join date, then mention that back in the day Tito was one of the best at cutting weight & often had a significant size advantage over majority of his opponents & end with the fact that Tito was (at least for the era in which he fought) very skilled at taking opponents down, pinning them against the cage & punching them.

this...Tito was big for his division before being big was normal.

in his prime, tito was like a smaller cain velasquez. biggest asset was his cardio and his ability to tire guys out from within their guard
his grappling was also very underrated. not saying he's world class or anything but the guy almost subbed machida

He was a lot bigger than wand and arona beat him and he had way worse striking than Tito so yes tito most definitely could use his size to bully wand and take him down and beat him in asia yes i do .

He literally beat the best version of wand , the guy went on like a 20 fight win streak right after the tito fight .
hmm..nah...gonna pass on this one, mate...Too many killers @ LHW...
There in Asia, no protection...next thing ya know ya´re fightin´ HW Sergei...

Don't bother putting Chuck on that list. He is so far past his prime he should not be sanctioned to fight. He looked absolutely horrible and would have lost to literally anyone that night. He got embarrassed twice when he fought Chuck in their primes.

he never beat bader
07_Ortiz_Bader.jpg

Ken was a better win than chuck for sure.
Well if you put it into perspective it is , ken was only 38 thats not rhat old really . And chuck was 48 and used and abused and Had not fought for like a decade .

Personally I would have had both on the list but the Ken win holds more merit . The only reason I put Chuck on the list is because of the prickish attitude he had towards the whole thing " like I'm so much better if I can't beat this guy I don't belong here " he kinda got what he deserved really .

I don't remember him being such a dickhead and him being quite and reserved til fight time . He just was cocky and it rubbed me e i guess lol

Tito with his back against the wall is undefeated.

in his prime, tito was like a smaller cain velasquez. biggest asset was his cardio and his ability to tire guys out from within their guard
his grappling was also very underrated. not saying he's world class or anything but the guy almost subbed machida
He dropped and submitted Bader, I watched the fight. One of Tito's best wins. He was a big underdog in that fight.

Back