I struggle to see how Tito Ortiz was so successful in his career

Can you even count Chuck Liddell? I mean, Liddell is pushing 50 and did not age as well as Tito. When they were both in their primes, Chuck stomped Tito twice without much trouble.

Anyway, like him or not, Tito Ortiz held MMA on his shoulders during the dark ages when no one cared about it. The stage wasnt set, it was in the process of being built. Guys like McGregor and all these other drama queens we have now, they're able to be so successful as they've been because of fighters like Tito Ortiz, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, etc.

We'll start with the 2017 join date, then mention that back in the day Tito was one of the best at cutting weight & often had a significant size advantage over majority of his opponents & end with the fact that Tito was (at least for the era in which he fought) very skilled at taking opponents down, pinning them against the cage & punching them.

Average Wrestling, Striking and Submission game. Yet he has wins over huge names of the sport:

1. Wanderlei Silva
2. Vitor Belfort
3. Chuck Liddell
4. Ryan Bader
5. Chael Sonnen
6. Guy Mezger.

Champions and title contenders all.
i got into mma late(2007) and i always thought the same thing

Tito got very underrated over the years due to inactivity.

Never liked him but he was a solid fighter.

This sentence makes no sense.

Young man,

how does it not make sense?

Tito Ortiz wouldn't stand a chance against top lightweights in this day and age of modern MMA. He was fighting in the stone ages of MMA.

Tito fought in a continent where the competition was...easier...

Young man,

how does it not make sense?

Tito Ortiz wouldn't stand a chance against top lightweights in this day and age of modern MMA. He was fighting in the stone ages of MMA.

Again you make no sense. First off don't call me young man noob. :) Second...you can't say a fighter wouldn't stand a chance in todays mma and in the same sentence say he'd be in the top 10.

We'll start with the 2017 join date, then mention that back in the day Tito was one of the best at cutting weight & often had a significant size advantage over majority of his opponents & end with the fact that Tito was (at least for the era in which he fought) very skilled at taking opponents down, pinning them against the cage & punching them.
That win over prime wand was legit as it gets though, even dropped him in the 3rd

Average Wrestling, Striking and Submission game. Yet he has wins over huge names of the sport:

1. Wanderlei Silva
2. Vitor Belfort
3. Chuck Liddell
4. Ryan Bader
5. Chael Sonnen
6. Guy Mezger.

CARDIO

Tito fought in a continent where the competition was...easier...
Tito had already beat their long reigning champ in Silva so he was already the man at lhw

Edit until he lost in Sept of 03 then it went to silva

Tito had already beat their long reigning champ in Silva so he was already the man at lhw
hmmm...ya really think he would have been the man in Asia? with OW tournaments? potentially fightin´dudes like Sergei one day?

hmm.png

1. Wanderlei Silva
2. Vitor Belfort
3. Chuck Liddell
4. Ryan Bader
5. Chael Sonnen
6. Guy Mezger.

He can grapple. That said, he was much bigger that Wand, Vitor, Guy and Sonnen. Bader probably beats him 9/10 times. He got the piss beat out of him by Chuck twice. The 3rd fight? Well, we all know that shouldn’t have even taken place.

Back