I Still Have A Soul(HBO Video)

Somewhat unrealistic, considering the fact that guys like these usually end up getting fucked over by promoters and used as feeder fights for young, priveleged up and coming former amateur talents. At least they get money to get fed to the lions so to speak, though....

It's not always like this, just alot of the times that's how it turns out with the bums off the street. If the bum can somehow turn it around and beat the crap out of the talent he's being fed to, then he has a chance.

All that being said, very moving and inspirational, i got a little choked up the first time i saw this.

Somewhat unrealistic, considering the fact that guys like these usually end up getting fucked over by promoters and used as feeder fights for young, priveleged up and coming former amateur talents. At least they get money to get fed to the lions so to speak, though....

It's not always like this, just alot of the times that's how it turns out with the bums off the street. If the bum can somehow turn it around and beat the crap out of the talent he's being fed to, then he has a chance.

All that being said, very moving and inspirational, i got a little choked up the first time i saw this.

There's nothing in the video to indicate that that isn't what's being done. All we see is him learn the basics of boxing, get some trunks, get in shape and fight at BB Kings... which while storied isn't exactly a huge venue. Personally it's one of the things I like about the video... so much is left up to interpretation. He could just be having one boxing match to prove he can, he may be embarking on a career as a paid punching bag, he could end up a decent local prospect/contender or he could be taking those first steps to going all the way.

People can make a decent living travelling to give prospects rounds. In their own way they're nearly as important to boxing as the superstars and I'd argue more important than some of the title holders/contenders who don't draw any media attention, tv viewers or live audiences.

Also there's not reason to believe that a homeless person can't be talented; probably just not motivated.

There's nothing in the video to indicate that that isn't what's being done. All we see is him learn the basics of boxing, get some trunks, get in shape and fight at BB Kings... which while storied isn't exactly a huge venue. Personally it's one of the things I like about the video... so much is left up to interpretation. He could just be having one boxing match to prove he can, he may be embarking on a career as a paid punching bag, he could end up a decent local prospect/contender or he could be taking those first steps to going all the way.

People can make a decent living travelling to give prospects rounds. In their own way they're nearly as important to boxing as the superstars and I'd argue more important than some of the title holders/contenders who don't draw any media attention, tv viewers or live audiences.

There's at least 4 guys just like this guy at my Gym right now, and one trainer who isn't much better off. But that's one of the great things about the Sport, with the economic downturn, business at the Gym actually picked up because it's a cheap recreation for both kids and adults.

The Sport really doesn't let down people. People let down themselves. Sure it's sharky, and there's people who would shake your hand with one hand and dig in your pockets with the other, but it's up to you whether or not you let them.

makes me wonder why a guy with that much discipline and dedication ends up a homeless beggar. this aint some 3rd world country i call WORK!

makes me wonder why a guy with that much discipline and dedication ends up a homeless beggar. this aint some 3rd world country i call WORK!

Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom before a fire gets lit under their ass.

Why do ppl need to always question a fictional skit to be real or not? No wonder every movies and books have a disclaimer for people who dont like to think :icon_lol:

Back