I start a new journey in my life tomorrow

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by TusculumPioneer, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TusculumPioneer

TusculumPioneer Blue Belt

Tomorrow I will begin to move to college. It's my freshman year and I'm going to play football. I'm kind of nervous since people that don't play a sport say it's difficult and they don't have practice, games, workouts, and travel like I will. I want to get my degree first, but I really hope I succeed on the football field as well. True Freshman rarely get to play, but I'm hoping to see the field a little bit. Everything is really a testament to how God has truly blessed me and I intend to use this blessing to share Gods love with my other teammates and students. I'll be going to Tusculum College in Tennessee, and we compete athletically in D2. Any prayers and thoughts for a smooth transition, safety, good grades, and being a good teammate and doing well on the football field would be greatly appreciated.

2. FLYOVER BOSSMAN

FLYOVER BOSSMAN Gypsy Platinum Member

Good luck, bud. I played ball for a year in college at a small school. Even then, with absolutely no pressure, it seemed overwhelming at first. Just try to keep a good attitude and take it one day at a time. That seems like canned advice, but it truly is something that I wish someone told me when I was 18. Believe me, the athletes and speed of the game take an adjustment, but the game will slow down for you with a month or so of practice.

Also, be confident. Some of the upper classmen that tried to act hard were the biggest pussies on the team. Just believe in your self, know that it's going to be tough, and act like you belong.

All the best, man.

3. INeedARemedy

INeedARemedy GOAT

Hell yeah man. Tonight I'll pray that God truly blesses you by blowing out the ACL of all the guys in front of you on the depth chart

4. theskza

theskza Silver Belt

The next Russell Wilson

5. ripskater

ripskater Guest

Prayer has been said. God Bless you this coming year.

6. ThinkGreen

ThinkGreen Der √úbermensch

God bless you my child. May his holy light shine upon thee.

7. HunterSdVa29

HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho Platinum Member

good luck my man, it can get a lil rough w/ the academics mixed w/ athletics (and the traveling in terms of getting work in), but most professors understand that and w/ work w/ you.

make us proud

8. INeedARemedy

INeedARemedy GOAT

Yeah dude, don't can it up

9. kahiljabroni

kahiljabroni Black Belt

If u have to choose....choose academics. You will not make a living playing ball. Also...please major in something of value.

10. mb23100

mb23100 Gold Belt

This x100......

11. jamiehunter

jamiehunter Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

The key is to make a schedule. Not necessarily one that's locked in stone but a general one so you can be sure you have enough time to get everything accomplished without feeling overwhelmed.

Also, as others have said, major in something useful. However that doesn't mean major in something you have no interest in. My advice is to think of what interests you and pursue the career within reason that will make you the most money related to that interest. Your major should be something that helps you attain your career goal. Remember, if you go to college to 'find yourself' you're probably going to end up finding yourself unemployed.

Summary: make a schedule and major in something you like with career prospects.