I See No Path To Victory for Gus. DC's Wrestling Will Dominate.

I think Gus could give him some problems if his tdd is on point.

I agree 100%.

Especially as we have now found out that Jones has a lot more of a party lifestyle than we (at least more than i thought) expected

he was doing Coke before the DC fight which is the biggest fight of his life ....And still managed to win that fight. He obviously thinks that he can party and fuck around and still rule the light heavyweight division, ....because he actually can.

Interesting you mention this, DC said Jones was partying the night before the Gus fight

Jones even said this and his camp agreed.

People really believe in Gus.

That's so weird. I mean why would they do that after their champ stopped looking unbeatable all of a sudden? When has a camp ever had excuses before? So weird man, so weird.

Prior to the fight he was instagramming how he was 'breaking records' in camp. Now what can we take from that exactly?

Rooting for gus, but I don't like his chances in this one.

Lol at anyone that believes in Gus in this fight. Hes proven 3 timss hes simply not as good as you wish to believe(Davis/JJ/Rumble)

Gus proved against Jones he simply wasnt as good people believed? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

and it continues - in the history of MMA I don't think anyone has squeezed as much juice from a loss as Gus does Jones. Losing to Jones is the greatest thing Gus has ever accomplished. At some points Gus has to beat a relevant fighter or quickly fade out of the spotlight. This may be his last shot at accomplishing that.

yeah DC is just a bad look for Gustaffson. alex should move to Heavyweight where he'd be an instant contender.

We all know how DC wins this fight.

IF, Gustafsson wins, it's gonna be by using his excellent boxing and in particular, his lengthy jab, to keep DC honest. DC is no double-leg machine, he works the clinch and to get there, he's gonna have to dart inside on a guy 6 inches taller than him with a much longer reach. Gus doesn't have the knees/kicks that Jones does but he does have much better boxing. Gus is gonna have to keep on his bike, popping the jab and slinging uppercuts whenever DC approaches clinch-range. I personally don't see him being able to do this for 5 rounds. DC, UD.

I think this is obvious. Gus' performance against Bones was clearly a case of overlooking your opponent. If they fought again, Gus would get wrecked.

Definitely agree

Is it really that hard for you to see Gus using his reach and footwork to pick DC apart? It's not a hard scenario to picture. Gus is underrated now.

Nope Gus is overrated and Cormier is underrated

Cormier is gonna f him up

DC's wrestling is totally different from the clinch based TD's of Jon Jones.

I honestly don't see how Gus wins this fight or keeps it standing.

Gus has good TDD and stopped most of Jon's clinch based TD attempts.

However, I don't see him stuffing the TD's from an Olympic level bullrusher who threw Hendo around like a ragdoll.

DC's wrestling is different from Jones' clinch based TD's.

Gus is tall & lanky which means he's well suited to defend the clinch based TD's from Jon Jones which can be countered with Gus' long limbs and superior leverage.

But for DC's power wrestling style, leverage won't mean jack shit for Gus.

Gus doesn't have the expertise/athleticism to control DC's hands & arms like Jones did. Gus will be ragdolled like Hendo.

Gus barely out-grappled Shogun.

I see him being so scared of DC's wrestling that he'll get lit up on the feet due to having to keep his arms low to defend potential TD's all fight long.

I think Gus' confidence will be shaken to the core after DC destroys him with superior wrestling.

If Gus beats DC then I will ban myself from Sherdog as a punishment for doubting the mighty Gus. I used to be a big fanboy of Gus but I now think he got lucky against Jones.

DC by brutality.

Lmfao if Gus uses his length right in the sprawl dc is fucker, I think it's Gus's fight to loose

I actually think Gus should have an advantage. He uses his reach and movement well and DC just wants to plod forward until he gets the clinch. If DC can't keep Gus on his back, he's gonna get lit up.

DC will gas Gus , he will keep that weight on him and eventually choke or pound Gus out. The fight will end late rd 2 or early Rd 3 .

This is a very close fight, Gus proved his wrestling was very good against Jones, DC struggled hard against Jones wrestling.

Gustafsson is 0 for 3 against African-Americans, doesn't look good

Make that 1 for 4. Knocked Manuwa out. As much as I'm hoping Gustafsson wins this, I have a very hard time seeing it. Alex has to pretty much fight the perfect fight. As close as he came to doing that against Jon Jones that elbow in the 4th showed just how difficult that is.

Make that 1 for 4. Knocked Manuwa out. As much as I'm hoping Gustafsson wins this, I have a very hard time seeing it. Alex has to pretty much fight the perfect fight. As close as he came to doing that against Jon Jones that elbow in the 4th showed just how difficult that is.

Manuwa is British/Nigerian

Please stick and move Gus, or get power like Rumble. He has better footwork than Rumble imo and won't be easily out clinched/pushed to the fence.

Gus defended 10 out of 11 takedowns from Jones and took him down once. Cormier got taken down 3/3 and didn't take Jones down once.

The wrestling isn't as clear cut as you make it sound

Daniel%2BCormier%2BSlams%2BJon%2BJones%2BUFC%2B182.gif

Back