I See No Path To Victory for Gus. DC's Wrestling Will Dominate.

DC survived a rocket punch from eye poked (cyclops) rumble. His chin won't break from Gus' much less powerful shots.

The only way Gus wins is to avoid takedowns and out point DC.

I hope Gus gets piledriven personally and if Gus wins somehow the belt is basically rumble's.

Gus defended 10 out of 11 takedowns from Jones and took him down once. Cormier got taken down 3/3 and didn't take Jones down once.

The wrestling isn't as clear cut as you make it sound

well to be fair Jones was fighting 5 months from suffering an open-fracture on his toe against Sonnen.

The fact that he could fight that soon is amazing.

But that's irrelevant. DC slams anyone and everyone in MMA. From Ronda Rousey to Kane Valskez

I wanna see more Sherdoggers step up and put their accounts on the line unilaterally.

Fuck account bets, just agree to ban yourself if your guy loses.

Man the fuck up and put that account on the line. If not, methinks U be a pussy. :)

Is it really that hard for you to see Gus using his reach and footwork to pick DC apart? It's not a hard scenario to picture. Gus is underrated now.

What the fuck are you talking about? DC slammed Jones down in the 5th round. You couldn't have missed that if you were watching.

The amount of effort he put into trying to take him down was embarsssing lol. When he finally put all of his life's work and energy to get that 5th round TD, Jones stood right back up lol. I felt sorry for him watching him try so hard.

People sleeping on the swede since he got KOd. His use of distance, angles and footwork will give DC fits, imo. DC likes to bear hug, and Gus is great at avoiding getting hugged by bears.

Gus stuffed Jones like it was nothing. DC is old and has bad knees.

It wouldn't shock me in the least if he wrestlefucked Gus to a decision but I see this being a really close and tough fight for both guys. I'm leaning Gus. I think his size and speed will give DC problems and Gus will take over in the later rounds. 48-47 and possible split decision.

Rumble took Gus's soul, Cormier will beat him up too.

Didn't you agree to delete your account if TJ beat Barao?

Rumble took Gus's soul, Cormier will beat him up too.

I thought that Rumble's headbutt took Gus's equilibrium. :icon_chee

DC should win, but it's probably going to be a lot more competitive than people think. Division has been weak for a while, lots of overrated guys. Overrated so Dana could promote his boy.

Did anybody look at his opponents before they said he's never beaten an African American?

I think this is obvious. Gus' performance against Bones was clearly a case of overlooking your opponent. If they fought again, Gus would get wrecked.

meh, Jones pays Greg Jackson to make sure he doesn't overlook an opponent. Remember Jackson convinced Jones not to fight Chael on short notice, and Jones killed UFC 151 despite the wrath of Dana.

well to be fair Jones was fighting 5 months from suffering an open-fracture on his toe against Sonnen.

The fact that he could fight that soon is amazing.

But that's irrelevant. DC slams anyone and everyone in MMA. From Ronda Rousey to Kane Valskez

not that amazing, his toe didn't get infected.

Gus got caught in the Rumble fight. AJ won but,,,8/10 times he doesnt IMO. Dude looked like shit against DC.

I got Gus all day against DC. Expect Jones/DC 2

If DC cant take you down its over...and my money is on DC not being able to take him down.

Im anxious for the spread...this might be the first fight I bet on.

On the contrary...i think Gus' reach, takedown defence and striking will neutralize cormier and im guessing he will win a UD.

Gus defended 10 out of 11 takedowns from Jones and took him down once. Cormier got taken down 3/3 and didn't take Jones down once.

Jones and DC have very, very different styles of wrestling.

Jones rarely chain wrestles. His takedowns come from timing and good position. Cormier has a much more scramble based, chain wrestling style. He shoots takedown after takedown more like Velasquez does.

That's worth keeping in mind.

Different fights, different mindsets, different circumstances. MMAth doesn

Gus got caught in the Rumble fight. AJ won but,,,8/10 times he doesnt IMO. Dude looked like shit against DC.

I got Gus all day against DC. Expect Jones/DC 2

If DC cant take you down its over...and my money is on DC not being able to take him down.

Im anxious for the spread...this might be the first fight I bet on.

DC wrestled Rumble though something that Gis won't. I do agree with you that the fight will be much closer than the odds suggest though.

Back