I saw enough Saturday to know how khabib

drabon74

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Olivera would go. Bib would take him down and hold him down for an easy -ish win. With no time limits Chandler wins that fight, and Khabib has the best chain wrestling and smothering ability in the 155 class. I would be pulling for Olivera, but he didn’t really show much ability to get up when pinned down.

khabib is with bellator now

Attachments

• khabibbellator.png
    khabibbellator.png
    365.6 KB · Views: 16
get use to more of these with other light weights since its going to be a hot potato division. We might really see threads saying this is a different dustin, different conor and how they beat Khabib in a rematch if they go on to defeat Charles Oliveira.
To be fair that speculation is gonna happen when a guy retires from a division

If he's to be considered the best LW, he must keep proving it

If Dustin or Conor or whoever gets a couple of big wins and they look really good, it's fair to speculate about how'd they do against Khabib in a rematch

To be fair that speculation is gonna happen when a guy retires from a division

If he's to be considered the best LW, he must keep proving it

If Dustin or Conor or whoever gets a couple of big wins and they look really good, it's fair to speculate about how'd they do against Khabib in a rematch
I only see these threads with Khabib and GSP and to some respect Fedor Prime arguments.

Other than that, no one makes threads about jones(probably because he was arguably beat a few times), gsp was beat, but people still keep making threads about him. It kinda lets me know who people think the real goat conversation is because they keep making threads about the same 2(sometimes 3) people.

I only see these threads with Khabib and GSP and to some respect Fedor Prime arguments.

Other than that, no one makes threads about jones(probably because he was arguably beat a few times), gsp was beat, but people still keep making threads about him. It kinda lets me know who people think the real goat conversation is because they keep making threads about the same 2(sometimes 3) people.
People just don't like Jones, plus Khabib looked more dominant in his last few fights, then retired in the middle of his prime, nobody else in MMA has done that, so that's why people talk about how he matches up so much

I don't think many people on here would have Khabib in the top 3 GOATs, maybe I'm wrong, but 3 title defenses is laughable for a GOAT, several guys would've looked unbeatable if they quit after 3 defenses

People just don't like Jones, plus Khabib looked more dominant in his last few fights, then retired in the middle of his prime, nobody else in MMA has done that, so that's why people talk about how he matches up so much

I don't think many people on here would have Khabib in the top 3 GOATs, maybe I'm wrong, but 3 title defenses is laughable for a GOAT, several guys would've looked unbeatable if they quit after 3 defenses
People don't like jones, sure but people would still talk about him. People don't like floyd either and always look to discredit him as a fighter. I think its really because he argubaly lost more than 1 fight. Multiple fights. The veil of invincilbility was gone for him where as GSP, Khabib and Prime fedor, its still there. Fedor is an interesting one, because he's lost a lot since then but people still entertain he's the goat in his prime which I have no issue with, but its funny to see just how much sherdog loves Fedor GOAT threads.

I don't think people have him on there willingly. I think sherdog has him on there, subconsciously. Because the aura of invincibility.. That's why. Otherwise, they'd stop obsessing about him and really move on from him. I see more khabib is not the goat threads than Khabib is the goat threads on here.

As I always say, lets talk khabib after we see olly against poirier and gaethje. I doubt he goes 2-0 against these two, no disrespect to olly

People don't like jones, sure but people would still talk about him. People don't like floyd either and always look to discredit him as a fighter. I think its really because he argubaly lost more than 1 fight. Multiple fights. The veil of invincilbility was gone for him where as GSP, Khabib and Prime fedor, its still there. Fedor is an interesting one, because he's lost a lot since then but people still entertain he's the goat in his prime which I have no issue with, but its funny to see just how much sherdog loves Fedor GOAT threads.

I don't think people have him on there willingly. I think sherdog has him on there, subconsciously. Because the aura of invincibility.. That's why. Otherwise, they'd stop obsessing about him and really move on from him. I see more khabib is not the goat threads than Khabib is the goat threads on here.
Yeah, but everyone knows the aura invincibility comes from retiring after 3 defenses, that's why hardcore fans feel the need to constantly say he isn't the GOAT

It's disrespectful to guys like Anderson, or Jones, or GSP that kept fighting, and put up 3 almost 4x as many defenses. We all should respect the fact that it gets harder towards the end of the streak, younger guys and everyone knows your game

Great fighters are just gonna start retiring early because if you don't look invincible at the end of your 11x reign people will put your legacy behind someone who retired 8 title fights before you did

Yeah, but everyone knows the aura invincibility comes from retiring after 3 defenses, that's why hardcore fans feel the need to constantly say he isn't the GOAT

It's disrespectful to guys like Anderson, or Jones, or GSP that kept fighting, and put up 3 almost 4x as many defenses. We all should respect the fact that it gets harder towards the end of the streak, younger guys and everyone knows your game

Great fighters are just gonna start retiring early because if you don't look invincible at the end of your 11x reign people will put your legacy behind someone who retired 8 title fights before you did
the majority of khabib fans aren't saying he's the goat. They might say he's their personal goat, but acknowledge his career is short. I honestly felt like he could have been with a few title defenses. The number is arbitrary really, but 6 in LW would have been good enough for me. 6 title defenses, 7 title fights in a deep division is really enough, imo. Doesn't need to be 15 like jones. UFC 262 in my eyes only highlights more of how much above he was better than the competition at his weight class. There was no parity in Khabib fights, especially the title fights.

But I digress

I think most fans know he's not the goat. I've seen the hardest of hardcore khabib fans here, say Jones is the goat or GSP is the goat. I think people just get triggered and by being triggered, they're keeping him in the conversation.

I worry about the undefeated precedent and I don't like it. I just hope it doesn't turn into boxing where the O is overvalued. I think if fans want to argue that khabib is great, just leave that 0 out of the conversation, imo. He could be 13-1, he's still be the best LW at least to ever do it. The 0 isn't really the reason. At least for me. If he had actually lost to tibau but everything remained the same, he's still the lw goat.

I’m sure the steroid cloud is why a lot don’t think highly of Jones, but yes. Khabib retired before anyone can really figure him out.

Olivera would go. Bib would take him down and hold him down for an easy -ish win. With no time limits Chandler wins that fight, and Khabib has the best chain wrestling and smothering ability in the 155 class. I would be pulling for Olivera, but he didn’t really show much ability to get up when pinned down.

Khabib owned this weight division. I did not see or think any fighter in his weight class would beat Khabib during his reign.If someone was to beat Khabib, I think it would be someone who would make Khabib have to stand and strike with him but there was no such fighter.

I absolutely agree that what happens often is that younger, up and comer fighters with talent, basically see your repetitive movements, tendencies and weaknesses. I know people will say “But people knew Khabib was going to take them down and maul them and yet he still does it.”

The thing is, he really hasn’t fought long enough to face someone who had the benefit of studying him over and over again. Sooner or later, people figure you out, most of the time, and the person is usually younger, hungrier and has the benefit of advancements in the game.

the majority of khabib fans aren't saying he's the goat. They might say he's their personal goat, but acknowledge his career is short. I honestly felt like he could have been with a few title defenses. The number is arbitrary really, but 6 in LW would have been good enough for me. 6 title defenses, 7 title fights in a deep division is really enough, imo. Doesn't need to be 15 like jones. UFC 262 in my eyes only highlights more of how much above he was better than the competition at his weight class. There was no parity in Khabib fights, especially the title fights.

But I digress

I think most fans know he's not the goat. I've seen the hardest of hardcore khabib fans here, say Jones is the goat or GSP is the goat. I think people just get triggered and by being triggered, they're keeping him in the conversation.

I worry about the undefeated precedent and I don't like it. I just hope it doesn't turn into boxing where the O is overvalued. I think if fans want to argue that khabib is great, just leave that 0 out of the conversation, imo. He could be 13-1, he's still be the best LW at least to ever do it. The 0 isn't really the reason. At least for me. If he had actually lost to tibau but everything remained the same, he's still the lw goat.
Yeah I 100% with everything you said, the 0 thing is what bugs me about it, only because I'm scared future fighters will retire early, or not take good matchups because they're scared to lose

One of the reasons MMA does better than Boxing in some ways is fans not obsessing over the undefeated thing

Also with title defenses, it's less about the number of defenses, and more about how many generations you fought, all the really good guys beat the generation older than them, and their own generation

The great fighters get into that third generation where guys were watching you as champ since day 1 getting into MMA; like GSP fighting Hendricks, Jones fighting Reyes etc.

That's where it gets extremely hard for everyone, Khabib never did that, but I wish he did, and I hope the upcoming greats will

I absolutely agree that what happens often is that younger, up and comer fighters with talent, basically see your repetitive movements, tendencies and weaknesses. I know people will say “But people knew Khabib was going to take them down and maul them and yet he still does it.”

The thing is, he really hasn’t fought long enough to face someone who had the benefit of studying him over and over again. Sooner or later, people figure you out, most of the time, and the person is usually younger, hungrier and has the benefit of advancements in the game.
Yeah like TJ Dillashaw fighting Cruz, Dillashaw watched Cruz fight his entire MMA career and you could clearly see he was greatly influenced by his style

That 3rd generation is when the level of difficulty goes way up for everyone, doesn't matter how great you are

You don’t get to increase your favourite fighters record from imaginary fights that take place only in your head.

Back