I respect Anthony Johnson for realizing fighting isn't a long-term lifestyle

BennyOcean

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
"When the UFC 200 stuff first happened, I was just in shock with everything. Maybe for a couple of days or a week or two, I was just extremely disappointed. I was like, 'Damn, this is just really not gonna happen.' I was looking forward to it just as much as anyone was. So, it does disappoint me."

It should disappoint him. Jones is one of the biggest stars in MMA and a fight between the two would be one of the biggest events of the year. Now, Jones is facing a potential two-year suspension for having estrogen blockers in his system and Johnson, who is 32, doesn't see himself fighting much longer.

"I ain't trying to fight until I'm 35. I'm trying to make my money and go on to something different -- do bigger and better things with my life. Hell, I don't want to get punched in the head that damn much. I've got other things I want to do."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...y-johnson-says-a-fight-with-jon-jones-is-just

Get in, make money, get out. Too many fighters can't see past their fight career. They need to recognize that it's only, as AJ says, a way to get from here to there.

Well that pretty much sums up how his career will end. Bad with multiple probably brutal losses. If he is already checked out mentally then he will get trashed by those guys who arent.

"When the UFC 200 stuff first happened, I was just in shock with everything. Maybe for a couple of days or a week or two, I was just extremely disappointed. I was like, 'Damn, this is just really not gonna happen.' I was looking forward to it just as much as anyone was. So, it does disappoint me."

It should disappoint him. Jones is one of the biggest stars in MMA and a fight between the two would be one of the biggest events of the year. Now, Jones is facing a potential two-year suspension for having estrogen blockers in his system and Johnson, who is 32, doesn't see himself fighting much longer.

"I ain't trying to fight until I'm 35. I'm trying to make my money and go on to something different -- do bigger and better things with my life. Hell, I don't want to get punched in the head that damn much. I've got other things I want to do."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...y-johnson-says-a-fight-with-jon-jones-is-just

Get in, make money, get out. Too many fighters can't see past their fight career. They need to recognize that it's only, as AJ says, a way to get from here to there.
giphy.gif

I just hope that those "bigger and better things" he "wants to do" are slutty BBWs.
Don't forget where you came from. Keep it real bro.

Smart guy. Very few make a career out of this. Its really too bad he didnt fight JJ tho.

i could see him as a future yoga instructor

AJ needs to fight to for the title once more.

He could still fight Jones in a couple of years, that is if they are both still in the UFC by then. I don't think the Jones of the next 2 years will come back the same, sure he will still be in his physical prime but I think his best fights are behind him.

Sounds USADA influenced based on the infamous interview he gave a couple years back.

MM must be loving it

Everyone says that. Then they actually hit 35, realize they haven't made shit and are stuck taking brain damage for a living.

i could see him as a future yoga instructor
Or starring in commercials for a brand of dog food. He'd throw the bowls and kicks the crappy bags of dogfood and go on tirades against them. Then he'll smile and feed a dog (Whatever) Brand

Everyone says that. Then they actually hit 35, realize they haven't made shit and are stuck taking brain damage for a living.

Or they realize doing the other shit they had in mind usually sucks more than being an athlete (what they are used to).

Spoken like a true front runner which is what he is. He has incredible talent, but no heart whatsoever. DC on almost no notice broke his will and tapped him. He even put the belt around his waist. What the fuck is that shit?

Rumble vs. Jones would've been good.

Back