I remember when Will Brooks was supposed to “take over” the UFC…

PRIDE got a few too, although Nog's was interim and Rampage had left PRIDE before the fall. Anderson Silva did well though, coming out of PRIDE :).

UFC has all the best fighters, until they don't.
Most people accept that Pride was a more talented org. SF was great too. But every time the UFC buys them the gap builds between them and the other orgs. Bellitor has some great fighters, but in no way are they close to Pride, Affliction, Elite XC or SF in talent

Most people accept that Pride was a more talented org. SF was great too. But every time the UFC buys them the gap builds between them and the other orgs. Bellitor has some great fighters, but in no way are they close to Pride, Affliction, Elite XC or SF in talent
I can understand the stance. From top to bottom, I'd agree that Bellator has the least amount of talent out of all those orgs. But at the top, the talent the UFC would fold in if they were to hypothetically buy and dissolve Bellator, I think those guys would fair well. Some of their top guys were already there and did ok (Mousasi, Bader, Rumble, Larkin), and guys like Pitbull Brothers, Asomov, Lima, McKee, Nemkov, Koreshkov, maybe even MVP, would all do well to some degree. Lovato Jr. may have as well before he retired.

I rib on the UFC, but there is no doubt that they have a great roster, and generally always do. But, they seek out competition, buy them out and bring fighters over bc they already know that there is a great deal of talent in those orgs. Not all of the fighters they fold in win titles, but a good number of them find a degree of success, and they become staples of their own brand. I can't believe it wouldn't be the same for Bellator fighters.

Are you trolling, bro?

Zombie will smash Yair on the feet and ground again. 5 seconds left in a 5 round fight to get a KO he was getting destroyed everywhere doesn't say he'll be a big favourite in a rematch.

Yair has fought just twice since that fight. Fighting Jeremy Stephens in both of them. The first fight lasted a whopping 15 seconds.

So since that he fought Zombie, he's had octagon time of 3 minutes and 15 seconds - in 4 years.

Zombie has had 4 fights since then, only losing one of them. Plenty more training, less injuries and lots more cage time. To say Zombie will be an underdog is ridiculous.
Agree to disagree but Vegas would make Yair the favorite I promise

Lol please stop with this AJ McKee nonsense, the dude is supposed to be the next UFC FW/LW GOAT beating two bloated 135’ers.

Get this poor mans Will Brooks outta here…Never change Sherdog

<36>
Wait who are the bloated 135ers? Caldwell and Pitbull?

Wait who are the bloated 135ers? Caldwell and Pitbull?
Right? Caldwell at 5'10, who should probably fight at FW or LW in the first place? Lol

That dude you quoted was supremely gotten to as soon as McKee won last night. Just let him vent, it's his way of coping.

Based off what? Looking good against Minor League talent?

Anyone who this AJ is an elite FW doesn’t know MMA. There’s guys outside the UFC top 15 who would ruin him lol.
Everyone said the exact same thing about McGregor before he cleaned out the 145 division with ease. But people like you are gonna keep the betting odds in check so I can make money betting on McKee. So carry on.

UFC and WWE will both be out of business in 5 years.

Lol please stop with this AJ McKee nonsense, the dude is supposed to be the next UFC FW/LW GOAT beating two bloated 135’ers.

Get this poor mans Will Brooks outta here…Never change Sherdog

<36>

You never know man.

Guys who fight in the UFC have to come from somewhere.
Champions gotta come from somewhere.

There was a time when Gretzky couldn’t play hockey yet, when Federer couldn’t play tennis yet, and when Tom Brady had never thrown a football yet.

Bellator did a great job with AJ. Build him up slowly. The UFC is trying to do the same with O'malley.

AJ McKee is the best FW in the world. Has nothing to do with organization. He's just that level of talent.
this.

anyone that actually watched his fights can see this guy is a phenom

he could beat any of the UFC's top 5 FW's. I only see Max giving him some trouble

I still think he would have beaten Pettis when they were both champs.

remember when Strikeforce Champ Clay Guida defeated WEC champ Anthony Pettis in the UFC?
Then UFC Champ Pettis kept fighting WEC and Bellator washouts like Ben Henderson, Cerrone, and Eddie Alvarez?

The UFC is just an empty platform where top fighters from high level mma orgs meet to duel.

There is no 'UFC Caliber' lol. the Selection+confirmation bias in UFC fanatics is unreal. Take an Experimental Design course some time.

Last edited:
It’s just retarded to assume top fighters from outside the ufc would just fail in the ufc. Almost every top fighter IN the ufc came from another org…….try to look at their skills, not the org. Beating pitbull that way is a great win.

I can understand the stance. From top to bottom, I'd agree that Bellator has the least amount of talent out of all those orgs. But at the top, the talent the UFC would fold in if they were to hypothetically buy and dissolve Bellator, I think those guys would fair well. Some of their top guys were already there and did ok (Mousasi, Bader, Rumble, Larkin), and guys like Pitbull Brothers, Asomov, Lima, McKee, Nemkov, Koreshkov, maybe even MVP, would all do well to some degree. Lovato Jr. may have as well before he retired.

I rib on the UFC, but there is no doubt that they have a great roster, and generally always do. But, they seek out competition, buy them out and bring fighters over bc they already know that there is a great deal of talent in those orgs. Not all of the fighters they fold in win titles, but a good number of them find a degree of success, and they become staples of their own brand. I can't believe it wouldn't be the same for Bellator fighters.

Really Bellator is much more "UFC Jnr" than Pride or Strikeforce which were much more focused on high end talent, you merge the orgs and probably a lot of the Bellator roster wouldnt last but as you say a good few would and some would have the potential to become champs.

I mean the reality is if you look back hyped guys from other orgs coming into the UFC have tended to do well, a few like Brooks and Crocop have disapointed and UFC brand fans tend to focus on those.

Back