I remember when Will Brooks was supposed to “take over” the UFC…

I'm not sure how good McKee really is compared to UFC talent, but nobody can watch his body of work compared to Will Brooks' Bellator run and put Will Brooks in the same sentence as McKee as far as dynamic talent.

Some of you Bellator haters are reaching...

He’s definitely the best guy outside the UFC hands down. He would starch someone like the Korean zombie or kattar.

Him vs yair is the fight to make

Yes. He can legit KO or submit anyone he faces. He's that good.

You obviously haven't seen him on the ground if you think either of those dudes are doing jack shit to him lol.

AJ is a great fighter, but you're worked up thinking those guys have nothing for him. That's hyperbolic. Hopefully time will prove you wrong or right.

I'm not sure how good McKee really is, but nobody can watch his body of work compared to Will Brooks' Bellator run and put Will Brooks in the same sentence as McKee as far as dynamic talent.

This is true.

AJ McKee is the best FW in the world. Has nothing to do with organization. He's just that level of talent.

Best FW my ass lol, has one good win and that was tonight and let's be honest Pitbull is overrated anyway. Both guys have beat nobodies.

Has nothing to do with Bellator. I don't care what org. I'm talking about his skills. You don't even realize how good Pitbull is and he just finished him without breaking a sweat.

He’s not gonna be facing 5’2 bloated BW’s in the UFC bud… guys like Holloway, Giga, Kattar, Barboza, Ortega, etc are just as big or bigger than him.

I’m telling you there’s levels to this mate.

AJ is a great fighter, but you're worked up thinking those guys have nothing for him. That's hyperbolic. Hopefully time will prove you wrong or right.

Nah I've realized he was that good even before this fight. When people talked about guys that were literally raised to do MMA like Rory or Pico, it doesn't even hold a candle to what McKee has been bred to do.

He's Jon Jones level talent wise. We'll see how far he goes. But everything is there.

Will Brooks also beat Chandler… TWICE

And McKee will never be in the UFC lol. Trust that. He’ll stay in the minor leagues as long as he can.
Dismissing someone just because they aren't in the UFC is as dumb as saying someone would clean house in a different organization. We just don't know til fighters fight to see what happens.

I'm not sure how good McKee really is, but nobody can watch his body of work compared to Will Brooks' Bellator run and put Will Brooks in the same sentence as McKee as far as dynamic talent.

Brooks was 17-1, won a Bellator tourney too and won and defended their LW title multiple times

he beat

Chandlerx2
Held
Sarvaskiy
Dober
Jansen
Kitaoka

AJ is 18-0, won the Bellator tourney, no title defenses yet

he beat

Patricio
Caldwell
Curran
Georgi
Macapa
Campos

thats very comparable TBH.

He’s not gonna be facing 5’2 bloated BW’s in the UFC bud… guys like Holloway, Giga, Kattar, Barboza, Ortega, etc are just as big or bigger than him.

I’m telling you there’s levels to this mate.

And I'm telling you he's above that level. He's been bred for this since he was a toddler. It's not the normal "hey I'm a wrestler let me learn MMA now to make some money".

Nah I've realized he was that good even before this fight. When people talked about guys that were literally raised to do MMA like Rory or Pico, it doesn't even hold a candle to what McKee has been bred to do.

He's Jon Jones level talent wise. We'll see how far he goes. But everything is there.

I realized he was good too. I never implied he was not. My point is hopefully he leaves Bellator and takes the opportunity to prove he's great against better competition. With that said, saying other great fighters have nothing for him is hyperbolic in my eyes. The kid is real young. We'll see in time.

I'm not sure how good McKee really is compared to UFC talent, but nobody can watch his body of work compared to Will Brooks' Bellator run and put Will Brooks in the same sentence as McKee as far as dynamic talent.

You’re right… Will Brooks was far more proven: Beat Chandler twice and outclassed Marcin Held to end his Bellator run as DEFENDING/UNDISPITED Champ

Recency bias is real lol

Brooks was 17-1, won a Bellator tourney too and won and defended their LW title multiple times

he beat

Chandlerx2
Held
Sarvaskiy
Dober
Jansen
Kitaoka

AJ is 18-0, won the Bellator tourney, no title defenses yet

he beat

Patricio
Caldwell
Curran
Georgi
Macapa
Campos

thats very comparable TBH.

The resume for both are solid but Pitbull is a better top win. Atop of that, it's how McKee has won and he's done it consistently.

I remember when Strikeforce and WEC were considered the B-leagues, then they merged and took all the UFC belts.
PRIDE got a few too, although Nog's was interim and Rampage had left PRIDE before the fall. Anderson Silva did well though, coming out of PRIDE :).

UFC has all the best fighters, until they don't.

Who the fuck said Will Brooks was gonna take over the UFC? Lol
I don’t recall those sentiments being widespread, but the idea that he could compete with the best of the best was prevalent.

McKee definitely looks good, but it’s so hard to speculate how he’ll do against the best fighters in the world.

And I'm telling you he's above that level. He's been bred for this since he was a toddler. It's not the normal "hey I'm a wrestler let me learn MMA now to make some money".

That’s absurd logic… “he’s trained forever so by default he’s better”. We just had had a Contender Series hypejob Kyler Phillips lose to a FLW last week and he’s been training since he was like 3 years old lol.

There’s too many intangibles in fighting to just simply conclude that he’s the next “GOAT” because he beat some 5’2 guy and been “training since he was a toddler” lol the resume doesn’t hold up. He’s in the minor leagues for a reason

That’s absurd logic… he’s trained forever so he’s naturally better. We just had had a Contender Series hypejob Kyler Phillips lose to a FLW last week and he’s been training since he was like 3 years old.

There’s too many intangibles in fighting to just simply write off that he’s the next “GOAT” because he beat some 5’2 guy and been “training since he was a toddler” lol the resume doesn’t hold up. He’s in the minor leagues for a reason

No he's better because I've watched his fights and seen how skilled he is. Minor leagues lol. The only reason he's in Bellator is because they gave him a better contract early on than the UFC would.

The resume for both are solid but Pitbull is a better top win. Atop of that, it's how McKee has won and he's done it consistently.
That setup on the kick that rocked Pitbull was gorgeous. Kid really has elite talent. Anyone who can't see that doesn't understand what they're watching. He'd do extremely well in any organization.

Based off what? Looking good against Minor League talent?

Anyone who this AJ is an elite FW doesn’t know MMA. There’s guys outside the UFC top 15 who would ruin him lol.

I think AJ McKee is an elite FW and I think there aren't any guys in the UFC ranked lower than 15 who would ruin him. I'd love to see how he'd do int he UFC, but it's easy to see he'd be top five at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back