I remember when everyone thought it was insane that Randy Couture fought well into his 40s

Not necessarily Zaragoza became champ at 33 held it until 39.

He competed at 122.

He was also a smoker which is bizarre in a hardcore endurance sport like boxing.

You can find examples but that's not the rule for everyone of this cases there are 100 in the opposite direction.

Look in MMA in every division and see the ages of the top guys and HW and LHW should be on top.

Honestly though , randy was probably juiced to the grills

All these accusations of Randy juicing, yet there is no evidence. He was never on trt exemption or anything listed.

All these accusations of Randy juicing, yet there is no evidence. He was never on trt exemption or anything listed.

Randy being clean is something I would love to believe, but come on

Hunt is like 45 and no one makes a big deal of his age somehow.

Randy's last fight was at age 48 or something. That's still an insane feat.

Now in hindsight it doesn’t seem that big of a deal. Everyone is doing it now

IGF, HGH etc are the drug of choice these days for older fighters. Hard to detect with the shitty USADA piss tests IIRC.

46 year old hendo beat the shit out of bisping
I don't wanna sound like that guy but.....hendo won that fight! If it was on American soil he would have got the decision.....it should have been on neutral ground like Toronto or something. Us Canadians would have ate that fight up.

No offense to the count but the guy has mad a carreer out of getting hometown decisions.

Hunt is like 45 and no one makes a big deal of his age somehow.
True I assume its because of his physique and the fact it never changed over the course of his whole career. No one is jelly of that physique lol

That being said he would knock my ass out even when I was built like a brick shit house at 25 no problem lmao

Okay but my point is when you are young it’s worth it because your body is able to take it, however when you’re 40+ no matter how fit you are, it will take a serious toll on your body & mainly your mind, I’m talking mainly about the blows to the head. Each one at that age can be so devastating in the long run, i mean I can’t see anything being worth developing serious brain damage, you’ve had your fun gtfo & live the rest of your life without ending up like Mohammed Ali ya know
There is nothing in this world that I could compare to fighting, it's my form of art where I can truly be who I am. All fighters know the dangers of fighting but most fighters would rather do what they love and try to stretch it out for as long as possible.

Exactly, just like old wrasslers who never retire and drift down the promotional stream till they finally break down or die.

Hey sometimes it is just your life. I can see and respect it.

Everyone?

There are only a handful of guys that have fought into their 40's in the UFC

Everyone?

Name 10 current active fighters on the roster over 40.

Back