I regret moving out of my mom's house

Why didn't you find time for her phone calls?
You must not have liked her that much.
She'll forever haunt you!

You know, such threads pop up here every now and then. @WorldofWarcraft did a nice thread for his mom too, and it alwasy makes me sad. I just don't have a good relationship wiht my parents. Not awful but just .... I don't know.

After reading OP a second time, I'm convinced this is a troll thread.
OP said he knew she was lonely and still rarely picked up the phone when she called.
No way, if that were fact, this guy is the devil.

That's sad to hear. Even when you move you should still make time for your mom.

My mom is a difficult woman

But I’m callin her up now thanks to this thread

Thanks ts for perspective

I moved out of my mom's house in 2014. I bought my first home and I've been busy. It was just me and my mom for the longest time at her house. She never remarried. She didn't have any friends. She had noone to talk to but me.

She called often, but I rarely answered the phone. I was busy with my new home and all the random girls I hooked up with. My mom would leave me voicemail messages that sound like she was having a full conversation with me. She would tell me how her day went, ask me if I heard the news about so and so. I can tell now just how lonely she was.

She passed away last year. Didn't get to say goodbye. I wish I had stayed. I had no idea she was sick. I am at home by myself. I have friends to call and hang out with. My mom didn't have anyone. Even her piece of shit son turned her away.

I feel so broken and I think every single day how I can make it up to her. I'm flying straight. No more alcohol and hook ups for me. I'm going to settle with my current girl. My mom would have loved her.
Literally everyone who loses someone close thinks they didn't do enough and should have done more. You can't change it. She knew you cared for her or else she wouldn't have reached out. You were a grown man starting his life. It happens. I am sure she had no contempt for you.

most important dude is that if your mom saw how upset you were right now she would comfort you and tell u not to waste another second stressing

and I bet she would tell u how proud she is of you and how she wants u to be happy, and that she knows how much you love her

After reading OP a second time, I'm convinced this is a troll thread.
OP said he knew she was lonely and still rarely picked up the phone when she called.
No way, if that were fact, this guy is the devil.
Nobody cares what you think, and you're not even remotely funny with this garbage. Complete fail on your part and the easiest ignore ever, it's quite obvious you will contribute nothing worthwhile to this forum.

Rough read ts. You're being a little too hard on yourself, but I get it. That just means you really do care. It's TOUGH, but you have to live life moving forward as much as possible.

That's something I've been trying to do with mixed results for the last couple decades. Only family I have left is my mother, and we hate each other. And my little brother, but it's not really possible to keep in touch because of my mom.

Sometimes, no matter what you do things don't end up the way you wanted. All you can do is try to remember this feeling in the future, and try to make the most out of your relationships. My best friend vanished, presumed dead, about 5 years ago. I still think sometimes that something bad happened and it's my fault, for being too preoccupied with my own shit. But all I can do is keep going forward and try to be a better person.

Best of luck to you.

I moved out of my mom's house in 2014. I bought my first home and I've been busy. It was just me and my mom for the longest time at her house. She never remarried. She didn't have any friends. She had noone to talk to but me.

She called often, but I rarely answered the phone. I was busy with my new home and all the random girls I hooked up with. My mom would leave me voicemail messages that sound like she was having a full conversation with me. She would tell me how her day went, ask me if I heard the news about so and so. I can tell now just how lonely she was.

She passed away last year. Didn't get to say goodbye. I wish I had stayed. I had no idea she was sick. I am at home by myself. I have friends to call and hang out with. My mom didn't have anyone. Even her piece of shit son turned her away.

I feel so broken and I think every single day how I can make it up to her. I'm flying straight. No more alcohol and hook ups for me. I'm going to settle with my current girl. My mom would have loved her.

Thanks for the reminder, time to give ma more time. Got me teary eyed from a sherdog post.

Last edited:
I'm not going to say that I'm the best family member, but I definitely try to make some time for those close to me. Whether it's family or friends, I would never want to have a regret of not being kind enough to them. With that being said this is still a great reminder that people are here momentarily, and life can take a wrong turn at any time.

Damn this thread made me feel really guilty.

Why so many necro threads?

Well, let me put in my 2 cents. I always felt both parents held me back. They screwed up so many things I had going. I think they wanted to keep me down so I not go too far away and forget them. They are very selfish people.

If they both dropped dead like in five minutes, I dont know how I react. I will inherit quite a lot of valuable assets if they did.

But for all you women on here

Fu if youre lying..otherwise may your mother rip. She seemed like a lovely mom and a good soul.

Self-centeredness was the core of your problem, as is for the rest of the nation. We live in a culture that literally fractures families and communities, because everyone wants to be a star in their own universe. That is not how you learn to be part of a family or community. It's how you destroy everything good. But you don't realize the problem until reality punches you in the face. Asking for forgiveness, dedicating yourself to selflessness and following the Light is how you triumph.

Back