I received my blue belt from Rodrigo Gracie!

BruceOnJuice

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes I know another shameless blue belt thread. :icon_chee
I started training in Jan. 2010 and I made a goal that I would received my blue belt before 2010 was over. I am very proud to say that in only 10 months of training 4-6 days a week I achieved my goal!

Keep training!
Bruce

Gratz!

kinda background you got? and how did you do in competition?

i'm not saying because i think it's too quick or anything, it just helps me put my own training into perspective!

Gratz!

kinda background you got? and how did you do in competition?

i'm not saying because i think it's too quick or anything, it just helps me put my own training into perspective!

I have been playing sports and weight lifting (on and off) for 6 years or so. As far MAs go It has just been BJJ (4-6 days a week), Judo(0-2 days), and Kickboxing(0-3 days). I started all of my MAs in Jan. 2010. I Competed in the Colorado open a few months back and only won 1 match (by arm triangle) :redface:.

I have been playing sports and weight lifting (on and off) for 6 years or so. As far MAs go It has just been BJJ (4-6 days a week), Judo(0-2 days), and Kickboxing(0-3 days). I started all of my MAs in Jan. 2010. I Competed in the Colorado open a few months back and only won 1 match (by arm triangle) :redface:.

I did not realize you were from Colorado.

Me too. Good to see another BJJ'er from CO doing well. Where do you train?

I did not realize you were from Colorado.

Me too. Good to see another BJJ'er from CO doing well. Where do you train?

Awesome man! I train at Infinite Mixed Martial Arts Academy in Loveland. You train at Zingano Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Broomfield right?

Congratulations! Getting a rank under Rodrigo is definitely an accomplishment. My current instructor (and former instructor) both trained under Rodrigo up through purple, when Rodrigo left New York. They have said that he's a beast on the mats, and if their proficiency in the fundamentals is any indication, you're in great hands. Keep at it.

Good job. Under a year is pretty good mang. Took me like 2 and a half. Sadface.

Congratulations! Getting a rank under Rodrigo is definitely an accomplishment. My current instructor (and former instructor) both trained under Rodrigo up through purple, when Rodrigo left New York. They have said that he's a beast on the mats, and if their proficiency in the fundamentals is any indication, you're in great hands. Keep at it.

Thank you very much. Rodrigo is for sure a beast on the mats!

My academy had 3 year white belts that come 3 times a week...Takes awhile to get promoted, haha.

Awesome man! I train at Infinite Mixed Martial Arts Academy in Loveland. You train at Zingano Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Broomfield right?

I know Infinite well. Good school.

I train at Zingano BJJ in Brighton, CO mostly and a day a week at Broomfield.

Again, congrats on the belt. Keep training hard. Quite an honor to receive a belt from Rodrigo.

Just want to echo SuperSuperRambo, Rodrigo is the man. I have trained with him on several occasions, and I can honestly say that every time I have the honor, he shows me something that I add to my "A" game. His advanced stuff is very solid and High Percentage, which is very cool as you grow in BJJ.

You should wear your rank proud and soak up as much as you can from him. Congrats!

Great job man, keep up the dedication, don't slow down.

thats cool man.

Even more of an honor coming from a Gracie.

I'm really thinking about joining the BJJ academy in my county.

Back