I really wish UFC's b team commentators would show more passion

Natman2939

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
One thing I've always loved about UFC was that unlike every other sport i've ever seen, it's announcers have a passion that I usually only hear out of hardcore fans.

Most announcers, which sadly includes the b team of the UFC, sound so bland and "professional" (uptight, conservative, like they're doing a job rather than doing something they enjoy)

there's so little emotion in their voices. I hate it

I like how rogans on the verge of blowing a gasket. Everyone should be that way.

It kind of sucks that it's past the point of replacing them.

I'd like Mir as the fighter and anyone is better than Anik.

I dont pay to much attention to what they say. Usually im to busy watching the fight.

Anik is still awful.

Seems like a nice enough guy, but he could literally be replaced with a robot and nobody had notice.

I dont pay to much attention to what they say. Usually im to busy watching the fight.
are you implying that you're watching any more than anyone else?

We're all watching the fight, but my ears still work at the same time, and I can hear the commentators

and the fight is made more exciting by good commentary.

I like how rogans on the verge of blowing a gasket. Everyone should be that way.

"FRONT KICK TO THE FACE!!!"

Easily the best commentator the UFC has.You're almost always hyped before, during and after big fights (if they deliver).

are you implying that you're watching any more than anyone else?

We're all watching the fight, but my ears still work at the same time, and I can hear the commentators

and the fight is made more exciting by good commentary.

Im saying I dont pay to much attention to what they say because usually im to busy watching the fight.

joe rogan and goldberg actually make the fights more exciting and entertaining to me just because they always get you hyped up when somebody gets rocked or dropped

Anik is the main problem. He sounds so dry and he has absolutely no energy/passion at all. They should replace him with Todd Harris (the WEC PBP commentator), IMO.

"FRONT KICK TO THE FACE!!!"

Easily the best commentator the UFC has.You're almost always hyped before, during and after big fights (if they deliver).

Rogan is not only helpful that way, he is also helpful to those of us who zone out and have short attention spans. And to potheads. But who better to talk to such folks than rogan who has years of talking to people while passing a j. He's tailor made to get peoples attention

I wish their B team wasnt D level.

Need Bonnar and Harris soo badly.

Im saying I dont pay to much attention to what they say because usually im to busy watching the fight.

you didn't answer my question, you just repeated what you said before.

We're all watching the fight. I'm watching the fight. I'm watching it every bit as much as you are, but I can still hear the commentary.

edit: hearing the commentary, is PART of watching the fight. Like the music in the background of a movie... it's really hard to miss

My biggest beef with both of them is they sound like they are always in hardcore UFC sales mode. They're always trying to sell the UFC and won't ever be at all truthful or even a little negative about what's going on.

They're like used car salesmen.

you didn't answer my question, you just repeated what you said before.

We're all watching the fight. I'm watching the fight. I'm watching it every bit as much as you are, but I can still hear the commentary.

edit: hearing the commentary, is PART of watching the fight. Like the music in the background of a movie... it's really hard to miss

I never you weren't watching the fight as much as I was. I said I dont pay to much attention to what they say because Usually im to busy watching the fight.

I don't know How I can be any more clear about that.

There are a few announcers I like Joes not 1. I was more of a fan of the pride announcers. Bas was a former fighter & knew his sh!t. Not sideline coaching talking bout what fighters should be doing

Back