I really wish this was a joke....

Chaseg1520

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
032508_17181Lift.jpg

So my brother goes to Mt. Vernon Nazarene University and this is seriously a picture taken of a lifting competition flier at his school... yes, you are correct, it says curl and they spelled squat sqat.

I assure you that it is in fact a joke. Regardless of intention.

The pink flier was a sweet touch.

Sqat? What, or more specifically, whose chest do you do have to do that on?

Are explosive reverse curls allowed?

Maybe SQAT is when you do a squat while really needing to go to the bathroom (squat + scat = SQAT).

Or maybe the person who made the flier goes to a bible college and doesn't know how to spell.

My brother checked into it and it turns out that this is indeed a serious flier and a real competition... the curls are none other than preacher curls... no rules on movement as far as we know so I guess you could squirm all you want on them...

strange too... he looked at the entrance sheet and a person named ChaseT was first on the list...

Will there be spotters for these "preacher curls"?

This is important.

My brother checked into it and it turns out that this is indeed a serious flier and a real competition... the curls are none other than preacher curls... no rules on movement as far as we know so I guess you could squirm all you want on them...

strange too... he looked at the entrance sheet and a person named ChaseT was first on the list...

I'm going to show up with my friend named Jesus and have him spot me the whole time. I figure if they can ask Jesus to help them win, I can actually have a guy named Jesus assist me on my lifts.

I wish I had a friend named Jeebus. How awesome would that be?

Me: "Sup, Dave? Have you met my friend Jeebus?"
Dave: "What's his name?"
Me: "Jeebus."
Dave: *awkward silence*
Jeebus: "I will die for your sins, brother."
Dave: "...wtf..."
Jeebus: "Just fuckin with you man, I don't even own sandals."

Where's Carnal? He won't be happy about the Curl lift, but he'll be all over the SQAT.

My gym had a bench/squat/curl your body weight competition (curl 30%). It was kinda dumb but most people dont want to deadlift. Deadlifts will kill you.

http://media.www.dailyutahchronicle...hos-The.Strongest.Man.On.Campus-1661435.shtml

My own school:

Less than a year ago, Dane Maxfield, graduate student in mathematical biology, suffered two hernias while attempting to lift more than 700 pounds.

Maxfield took an early lead when he won the squat competition by lifting 455 pounds, but others gained ground on him after a poor bench press lift of 285 pounds.

Confident he could still win, Maxfield lifted 545 pounds in the dead lift-50 pounds more than the next competitor. After dropping the weight he said: "And it's a day."

heh.

I'll have to work up to this.

Back