I really want to see Carwin fight Cain. N00bs understand, its the new generation!

am i the only one here that wants to see the two gorrillas go at it?

cain-carwin-contenders.gif

let em bang bro. let em bang.

If carwin ever does make a come back, his record aint bad. put it that way. in a lot of ways it should read - beat the hell out of everyone and then lost to jds. which is exactly what cain had going into his title fight. cain beat nog and lesnar. jds made his name on cro cop. carwin smashed lesnar and defeated himself. he also smashed mir and gonzaga. its not a bad record.

Damn Carwin is short.

Man, Carwin and Lesnar are two guys I really, really wish would have stayed healthy (and started younger, as well). Carwin was a wrecking machine, and more often than not, that fight with Lesnar would have been stopped in the first. I'm not saying it SHOULD have been, but if it was, I don't think any of us would be calling it a robbery. Injuries just killed that guy. Lesnar was a freak of nature (and science during his WWE days), but I think once he got sick, he just stopped really caring. It was obvious in the Overeem fight that he just didn't care. Like once he got hit in the body once, he knew it was time to stop. He already made enough money, so there was no point in risking serious injury.

damn carwin started too late with mma

Yep back in the day they were the 2 HW prospects. The UFC intentionally kept them away from each other because they were supposed to fight each other for a title.

I think Carwin is done. The guy just can't seem to stay healthy anymore. He already had a back injury to begin with if I remember right from college football that probably keeps getting re injured.

Carwin's out of the picture now, and maybe for good. Hope he comes back, though he's getting old.

Agree with the OP, have held that opinion for a few years. Carwin's strength, along with his physical strength, is TDD and power punches. He has OK takedowns, they aren't great. He's also durable - can take some to give some.

Cain wants to exchange, go toe-to-toe with anyone and gets hit a lot. It isn't as simple as with Brock/Cain, where the whole fight depended on Brock's top control. Cain has speed and can throw with a high volume, set Shane off-balance with low kicks, and defending his single requires agility, which Carwin doesn't have much.

Still, the early goings are in Carwin's favor, imo. After the first round, it would likely be all Cain.

Carwin has been exposed to have 0 gas tank. He is Top 10 in the world in round 1, and becomes a B level fighter come round 2.

I'd like to see Carwin get two consecutive top 10 wins before thinking about it. Carwin versus Barnett, Bigfoot, Werdum or Hunt would be fun.

Back