i really need to get back in shape help please

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
ok so am currently around 195lbs and at a guess 15%bf plus :redface: my diet has been shit for the last month or so and its been around 3months since ive been to the gym,but i train martial arts every night.
ive just joined back at the gym and i want to sort my diet out i want to stay around the same weight as i am now ,i fight in -90kg division for judo and will fight at middleweight when i have my first mma fight. i just want to get leaner and stronger 6months ago i was at 12%bf at the same weight and would like to get back there or slightly leaner if possible.

heres my proposed diet-

6am 3 whole eggs 2slices of whole grain toast
11am 300grams steak 200grams vegetables(broccoli,beans,cauliflower,peppers,onion)
1pm (post workout) 1cup low fat milk 1/4cup flax seeds 30grams whey protein
3pm 3 chicken drums 200grams vegetables
6pm 30grams whey protein in water 1/4 cup flax seeds
straight after training 30grams whey protein 1cup low fat milk 1/4 cup flax seeds.

i train at the gym at mid-day everyday mon,wen,fri =heavy lifting push,pull,squat split.
tues,thursday=conditioning sprints,kettlebells,burpees.

judo mon,wen,friday nights 2hours at 7pm.tues 1hr bjj 1hr muay thai thursday 1hr bjj 1hr mma.

on fitday it adds up to 3017 calories
158g fat,148g carbs,270g protein.

does this look suitable for me to achieve my goals?

Last edited:
srry but most of these idiots have no idea about anything that actually has to do with competing in mixed martial arts.....kinda sad

that's a pretty solid plan in my opinion. Why did you choose drumsticks over chicken breast? Just wondering

the supermarket sells packs of 3 hot roasted drum sticks at a very good price so its easy for me to call in on my way home each day and pick up a pack.
works out cheaper and more convenient than equivalent in breasts.

Last edited:
ok so am currently around 195lbs and at a guess 15%bf plus :redface: my diet has been shit for the last month or so and its been around 3months since ive been to the gym,but i train martial arts every night.
ive just joined back at the gym and i want to sort my diet out i want to stay around the same weight as i am now ,i fight in -90kg division for judo and will fight at middleweight when i have my first mma fight. i just want to get leaner and stronger 6months ago i was at 12%bf at the same weight and would like to get back there or slightly leaner if possible.

You need to recognize that you have multiple goals here:
1. Lose fat
2. Gain muscle

From a dietary perspective, it's much easier to address one of these at a time than to design a diet that will allow you to achieve both at once. I suspect, given your levels of physical activity, that the diet you are proposing above is a caloric deficit, so it will let you address goal #1. Keep in mind that you'll need at some point to go to a caloric surplus when you want to start adding muscle again (and it will come with some level of fat gain).

but it is possible to do both at once is it not? -gain muscle,and lose fat i realise its not the fastest way to go about either but i'll be happy to just slowly progress getting stronger and leaner.
how many calories do you think i would need to consume to maintain weight at this activity level?
shjould i add some fruit and a can of tuna?

srry but most of these idiots have no idea about anything that actually has to do with competing in mixed martial arts.....kinda sad

and you do? if so then do you have something constructive to add?

i guess not,does that mean its good and with this diet i should be able to get stronger,whilst loosing a bit of fat?

i guess not,does that mean its good and with this diet i should be able to get stronger,whilst loosing a bit of fat?

You can get stronger while losing fat. Your strength is a combination of factors (skill, muscle recruitment, etc). What is very, very hard to is to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. In order to lose fat, you need to have a caloric deficit. In order to gain muscle, you need to have a caloric surplus. A well designed diet with a deficit will allow you to lose fat while losing minimal muscle mass. A well designed diet with a surplus will allow you to gain muscle while gaining minimal fat.

Back