I really hope JDS gets humbler after last night

eatthisjerry

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm not aware about his interviews in American media but here in Brazil he (and his crew, Minota, Minoto etc.) looked way too overconfident. Said a lot of things about his BJJ, said he actually wanted Cain to take him down just to show how sharp was his grappling... I know Cain's punch drained almost everything he had for the five rounds but cmon, he just Erick Silva'ed himself saying that things.
His performance against Cain in their first fight was somewhat outstanding but he should know Cain could had learned from there and probably wouldn't risk himself like he did.
Minotauro even said the fight wouldn't last more than three rounds, because Cigano would KO Cain.
I like both fighters (and I really like the idea of pairing Velazquez X JJ in a near future) but Cigano shouldn't be so c0cky in the next time.

Every fighter on the planet is confident before they fight. Stupid awful thread

there is a BIG difference between being politely confident and needing to become more humble. I certainly would not refer to JDS as "cocky"...not at all.

If you are in Brazil, you should be quite aware of how much pride fellow Brazilians have in each other (especially guys on their own team), but that is not a negative thing when you are not also sh*t-talking your opponents.

JDS is just fine, and has consistently been *highly* respectful of his opponents, while remaining supremely confident in his own abilities.

If you are fighting at the highest level, and DON'T have that level of confidence, you're not going to last very long...

Predicting that your fighter will win before the full five rounds is up in a hw title fight isn't so bold... Last title fight at hw that went the distance was Couture vs Sylvia at UFC 68 or so

i agree with the TS, cigano should have known that cain is very intelligent and comes from a great camp, he should have known that Cain was going to come in with THE game plan to beat him. He should have prepared better for that.

I like cocky fighters, but it bothered me that people on here kept claiming JDS is so classy etc. Just accept dude was talking mad shit and paid for it.

i agree with the TS, cigano should have known that cain is very intelligent and comes from a great camp, he should have known that Cain was going to come in with THE game plan to beat him. He should have prepared better for that.

In all honesty JDS prepared perfectly. He stuffed plenty of Cains takedowns and was able to get up very easily. Cain's cardio is just something you can't train for. No HW on the planet can keep up the pace Cain does.

I told everyone he'd lose. He'll never get the belt back, Cain exposed him.

Would a fighter with no confidence perform better than a guy who actually thinks he can win the match?

Don't worry, he's getting that belt back. Y'all heard him when Rogan interviewed him.

I think JDS is a real nice huble guy, that is what I have always seen from him, he is not a arrogan unhumble guy at all.

I think it was too much for him to say that he would win at round X. He also was talking stuff like how he wanted to break every record just after defending his title once. These stuff are not really extreme, but totally opposite to the image he has made before. It suggests that the success he had made him bit over zealous, and less wary. If a fighter's confidence makes him ignore some reality, then it can be called over-confidence imho.

Every fighter on the planet is confident before they fight. Stupid awful thread

Seems like you never watched Cigano pre-fight interviews.
An awful thread but you still come by, d1ckhead.

I'm not aware about his interviews in American media but here in Brazil he (and his crew, Minota, Minoto etc.) looked way too overconfident. Said a lot of things about his BJJ, said he actually wanted Cain to take him down just to show how sharp was his grappling... I know Cain's punch drained almost everything he had for the five rounds but cmon, he just Erick Silva'ed himself saying that things.
His performance against Cain in their first fight was somewhat outstanding but he should know Cain could had learned from there and probably wouldn't risk himself like he did.
Minotauro even said the fight wouldn't last more than three rounds, because Cigano would KO Cain.
I like both fighters (and I really like the idea of pairing Velazquez X JJ in a near future) but Cigano shouldn't be so c0cky in the next time.

What exactly is cocky about believing he will win a fight? Should he have said he would get tooled if Cain takes him down? Should he have said he won't knock Cain out, in spite of that being his gameplan?

Back