I rarely ever use the word "lock", but Burns seems like one to beat Usman

You have to be an utter moron to think Burns is a lock over Usman.

I think you'd be surprised. Demian Maia's world-class-BJJ didn't help him much.

This fight is very intriguing, one of the most interesting among hardcore fans yet casuals couldn't make a victory of either guy

I think you'd be surprised. Demian Maia's world-class-BJJ didn't help him much.
Maia couldn't take Usman down and couldn't strike with him

Burns is a better striker than Usman so he doesn't even need to grapple to win

Only fights in the past few years I've considered "locks" are Valentina's flyweight fights and ridiculous mismatches like Davi Ramos vs John Gunther for example

I actually am a big fan of Usman but I really don't see how he has any realistic path to victory.

He can't take Burns down or lay n pray because he'll get submitted or swept with world class BJJ, and on the feet Burns is better technically and a lot more explosive. Burns' cardio looked fantastic for 25 mins in his last fight and his chin seems great at 170. Burns also has great wrestling and strong as hell in the clinch, so no wall n stall.

Usman is not a power puncher or kicker so he doesn't have a puncher's chance.

No size advantage either as Burns looked bigger than Woodley too

I think Usman used his gameplan for Burns against Masvidal. It is actually the safest path to "victory" against someone who is as well rounded as burns. Usman is the bigger stronger fighter. you have to remember Burns was originally a lightweight and Usman was a middleweight.

I like Burns in this one pretty much wherever it goes. Usman is King Wet-Blanket Though, so who knows.

Burns can be laid on top, his ground game is awesome but he’s more of a top passer...

He might beat Usman, but he's not sweeping or submitting him -- let's be real. Usman is a fantastic grappler and will have the strength advantage.

usman has been submitted before so it’s possible

Nobody is submitting Usman...the man is just too strong get real, as much as i want Burns to beat Kamaru this will be a clinch/standup fight all the way.

I think Usman left Hooft because Burns was messing him up in sparring and he knew he needed a radical change to have any chance

Usually it's the guy who's been at a camp longer (Usman) that stays
I’d imagine Usman loses to the likes of Luque and others on striking days. He’s just doing what any hardworking champ does and is learning some new tools to add to his game

Only fights in the past few years I've considered "locks" are Valentina's flyweight fights and ridiculous mismatches like Davi Ramos vs John Gunther for example

I actually am a big fan of Usman but I really don't see how he has any realistic path to victory.

He can't take Burns down or lay n pray because he'll get submitted or swept with world class BJJ, and on the feet Burns is better technically and a lot more explosive. Burns' cardio looked fantastic for 25 mins in his last fight and his chin seems great at 170. Burns also has great wrestling and strong as hell in the clinch, so no wall n stall.

Usman is not a power puncher or kicker so he doesn't have a puncher's chance.

No size advantage either as Burns looked bigger than Woodley too
You are not a fan of usman my friend

Usman is a GSP type of fighter, really well rounded with grest IQ.He'll know what to do to neutralize Burns.

It's an interesting style matchup, and winnable for Burns, but far from a 'lock'

Usman won't take him down or stand with him, he'll wall and stall him up against the cage
While saying "Do sum! Do sum!"

Back