I rarely ever use the word "lock", but Burns seems like one to beat Usman

kezxtie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Only fights in the past few years I've considered "locks" are Valentina's flyweight fights and ridiculous mismatches like Davi Ramos vs John Gunther for example

I actually am a big fan of Usman but I really don't see how he has any realistic path to victory.

He can't take Burns down or lay n pray because he'll get submitted or swept with world class BJJ, and on the feet Burns is better technically and a lot more explosive. Burns' cardio looked fantastic for 25 mins in his last fight and his chin seems great at 170. Burns also has great wrestling and strong as hell in the clinch, so no wall n stall.

Usman is not a power puncher or kicker so he doesn't have a puncher's chance.

No size advantage either as Burns looked bigger than Woodley too

It's an interesting style matchup, and winnable for Burns, but far from a 'lock'
I think Usman left Hooft because Burns was messing him up in sparring and he knew he needed a radical change to have any chance

Usually it's the guy who's been at a camp longer (Usman) that stays

Realistically speaking Usman will be the bigger person, despite Burns appearing bigger than Woodley. Moreover, Burns being high level BJJ doesn't mean he will be able to submit Usman - just have a look at Prazers(who is nowhere near the wrestler Usman is) vs Burns. Also everyone's cardio looks amazing against Woodley so this doesn't really mean much.

Reported for fake news and spreading false narratives!
I was defending Usman hard in a thread some dude made about Askren being able to beat him because everyone with common sense knows that he would maul Askren

But Burns is a different animal and a terrible matchup, I am objective

nope,
Usman will make it look easy
strength prevail when 2 wrestlers collide

nope,
Usman will make it look easy
strength prevail when 2 wrestlers collide

Are all grappler's wrestlers?

He was the world champion in BJJ not so long ago.

I think people are underestimating how good Burns is on the ground.

We're talking about Burns vs Usman, not Burns vs Lawler
Lawler was not dominant at all. What are you talking about? Lol Thought Hendricks won the second fight and thought Condit won their fight and the second fight with Rory was a war...nothing dominant about that run at all lol.

We don't know if Burns suffered lung damage from Covid. Legit question

Lock? Not even close. Burns at plus money? I'm on that all day.

Why can't Usman can't just hold Burns against the cage and footstomp him?

Only fights in the past few years I've considered "locks" are Valentina's flyweight fights and ridiculous mismatches like Davi Ramos vs John Gunther for example

I actually am a big fan of Usman but I really don't see how he has any realistic path to victory.

He can't take Burns down or lay n pray because he'll get submitted or swept with world class BJJ, and on the feet Burns is better technically and a lot more explosive. Burns' cardio looked fantastic for 25 mins in his last fight and his chin seems great at 170. Burns also has great wrestling and strong as hell in the clinch, so no wall n stall.

Usman is not a power puncher or kicker so he doesn't have a puncher's chance.

No size advantage either as Burns looked bigger than Woodley too

How often these days do you see BJJ guys sweep or submit to- wrestlers from the bottom? Not many.

He might beat Usman, but he's not sweeping or submitting him -- let's be real. Usman is a fantastic grappler and will have the strength advantage.

Back