I predict Aldo wins by TKO/KO in the 1st round

Conor leaves his chin too far up in the air. Aldo is much faster.

will aldo - connor be like shogun - jones , where challenger was so much above the champion ?

I predict even if Conor does win, regardless of how, his many haters here will still proceed to shit on him and try to discredit his successes at every opportunity.

I predict that if Aldo does win, regardless of how, Conor's many lovers here will still proceed to shit on Aldo and try to discredit his victory.

Did you also predict that even if Jones beat DC that his haters would still hate him? You are pretty insightful.

Say, if Ronda faces (and destroys) Borg Justino, would Ronda Haters still hate Ronda?

If he fights like he did vs Siver you think that will be enough to make it look easy? I mean, Conor fighting like that is simply not going to "destroy" Aldo. Siver really did put up a better fight than the commentators were letting on.

Conor will approach the Aldo fight differently than the Siver fight. I base it on the apparent fighting capacity of Conor; to me, it is far greater than Aldo's.

Aldo TKO rd 2.

Then Conor faces Edgar and loses a decision.

This is the beauty of MMA and the UFC in particular. They don't protect fighters. If this was boxing Conor would still be fighting top 20, Top 15 guys. We get to see him fight Aldo and most likely get whooped. Then he will probably fight a can to recover.. Then he will fight a top 5 guy like Mendes, Cub or Edgar and he will get whooped again! Cheers..

I predict even if Conor does win, regardless of how, his many haters here will still proceed to shit on him and try to discredit his successes at every opportunity.

"He still hasn't faced a wrestler!"

...fucking morons.

Untitled.png

:icon_lol: GOLD! Haha

If he fights like he did vs Siver you think that will be enough to make it look easy? I mean, Conor fighting like that is simply not going to "destroy" Aldo. Siver really did put up a better fight than the commentators were letting on.

No man it wasn't a better fight. I saw one left hook and a few OK kicks. In the first minute. For all intent the fight was over within 2 minutes. Siver had nothing after that, McGregor saw it and was able to sit back and tee off until Siver more or less threw in the towel. His GSP spear of a jab had Divers face beat red after like two hits. If Siver had his will intact he might have been able to take his beating till the 3rd round. Pretty thorough beat down.

I think Aldo/McGregor will be decided primarily by how Connor is able to deal with Jose's leg kicks and take-downs; if Connor nullifies those, I think he'll win.

It will be a very, very interesting fight.

How the fuck is everyone buying the ufc Kool-Aid

Connor hasn't even fought someone like uriah or mendes or edgar yet. He beat up on Dennis Siver and people really think he is a world beater.

What the hell? I feel like I am missing something.

Anybody who thinks this is going to be a blowout by either man is basing their opinions on pure conjecture.

Or perhaps they're educated enough in MMA and boxing to see how seriously flawed Conor's style is and how a counter-striker as explosive as Aldo will blast him early and often.

Connor hasn't even fought someone like uriah or mendes or edgar yet. He beat up on Dennis Siver and people really think he is a world beater.

From another thread:

Who exactly has run some gauntlet to get to Aldo?

Mendes (2nd fight) beat:

Lentz
Guida
Elkins
Meza
McKenzie

Lamas beat

Koch
Hioki
Cub (before his run)
Grice

KZ beat:

Poirier
Hominick
Leonard Garcia

Edgar beat:

No one

Mendes (first fight) beat:

Yahya
Omigawa
Vazquez
Cub

Florian beat:

Nunes

Hominick beat:

Roop
Garcia
Jabouin
Caraway

Manny (WEC title) beat:

Mike Brown
Garcia
Franchi

Faber is Faber, before that he won the title from Brown.

Thus this thread.

I honestly think this is going to look like Silva/Franklin and Jones/Rua. If Mendes can tag Aldo that much, Conor is going to have a field day.

Maybe not as one side, but I think we're getting a new champ and he's going to make it look easy.

I don't care he is getting the title shot. I am shocked by all the people who think he is a world beater.

It's his personality. I mean, if he were a quiet guy with a boring personality, would really a 1/3 of Sherdog pick him to beat Aldo?

I havnt got a clue who will win, will be interesting to see how McGregors cardio is if it goes the full distance, my gut is with Aldo having more experience Conor will need to get the first three rounds in the bag if he is going to get a decision, Aldo too smart and his cardio is proven.

That said, Aldo has struggled to get finishes over the last few years, so if Connor can play it canny, get points in the bag early on and force Aldo into going for a finish he could pick him off.

All i want is a really good fight, proper routine, one guy dominates first two rounds, gets a knockdown, a couple of close to finishes with a submission, other picks it up in rounds 3 and 4 and we go into the final round with it all tied and both firing all guns blazing.

I don't care he is getting the title shot. I am shocked by all the people who think he is a world beater.

He's mouthy and he backs up every word of it (so far). While he's only fought two top ten guys so far, he blew them both out of the water, his other opponents were legit as well despite their not being in the top ten, and he has a very unique style.

People go overboard with the hype but I mean, I don't think there's a big mystery as to why.

Back