I popped my Cherry!

WinterIsComing

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So I was doing my 5x5 routine at the gym today. I was midway through my 4th set of 255 deadlifts when all of a sudden something amazing happened. I popped my first callus off. As satisfying as it was to look down and see the bloody hole in the middle of my palm I was unsure what to do. Then it occured to me, the fucking thing is already off I might as well finish. So I finished up my last 2 sets and then spent 15 minutes doing palm flexes in front of the mirrors admiring my own manliness.

Haha. You got me I have nothing intelligent to add to the discussion so I use any excuse to post something. Stay tuned for my thread on the bathroom being out of TP.

What does it feel like to lose your buhymen?

For the record, pulling 255 is not manly. Clean and press it next time.

Oh, I see, you thought it was 255 lbs he was deadlifting. He should have been more clear -- it was 255 KILOGRAMS. Not bad, I must say.

It has been years since I have had a callous come off. I used to have enormous callousses from chinups and (and later lesser callouses from deadlifting). I am moving a lot more weight now than I used to be, but my hands don't seem to callous as much. Anyone know why?

Oh, I see, you thought it was 255 lbs he was deadlifting. He should have been more clear -- it was 255 KILOGRAMS. Not bad, I must say.

It has been years since I have had a callous come off. I used to have enormous callousses from chinups and (and later lesser callouses from deadlifting). I am moving a lot more weight now than I used to be, but my hands don't seem to callous as much. Anyone know why?

you've learned to grip the bar in a way to minimize callus formation

I had one come off from pullups and hanging on a bar. Looked cool.

your skin is just probably a lot tougher now. When i first started playing guitar my fingers would get callouses but not anymore

I cant clean & press. :icon_cry2
However when the 5x5 I'm on has run its course in about 2 weeks I'm going to Deadlift 405. Last PR was 315 but I've increased my rep weight by over 70lbs since then so I think its doable. And 405 at a BW of 180 after only 6 months of lifting is manly, although perhaps not beastly.

I cant clean & press. :icon_cry2
However when the 5x5 I'm on has run its course in about 2 weeks I'm going to Deadlift 405. Last PR was 315 but I've increased my rep weight by over 70lbs since then so I think its doable. And 405 at a BW of 180 after only 6 months of lifting is manly, although perhaps not beastly.

255x5x5 != 405 1RM

i've yet to tear a callous where it bled. just about a month ago i tore a chunk off my hand and it was red. first time eva.

Back