I ONLY WATCH TUF FoR THE FIGHTING! (1)

Raphael

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I've always found this a bit of a weird statement. If you want to watch MMA for the fighting (which we all obviously do and have done for numerous years) you probably wouldn't tune into this show and the bellator show.

There's enough promotions out there where there will never be a need to tune into this sort of show. We watch it for the psychological aspect of things.

I only made this thread because there does seem to be a plethora of posters who complain about the 'real world' aspect of these show. I mean what do you expect from it??? As far as I'm concerned these shows are entertaining in little sporadic paroxysms of craziness. We watch them for more than the fighting. If you are just watching for the said fights, there's really no need.

With all that said, it's a birthday. It's the birth=dayQ

Umm... the level of fighters on TUF is higher than promotions outside the UFC and bellator.

that, and i do watch other promotions. i just can't get enough mma. give me more fights.

I watch everything MMA related and TUF is one of the best MMA related shows on TV.

I watch everything MMA related and TUF is one of the best MMA related shows on TV.

Well then me and you would both agree that this thread doesn't apply to you

Umm... the level of fighters on TUF is higher than promotions outside the UFC and bellator.

that, and i do watch other promotions. i just can't get enough mma. give me more fights.

Well hello Mr. Marquis De Sade (the Mr. being silent)

Well hello Mr. Marquis De Sade (the Mr. being silent)
yes, god forbid i get to watch fights like dodson vs dillashaw and diaz vs maynard for free. god forbid.

yes, it is clearly you who is the mma fan.

mma: where people brag about how little they watch.

I'll keep enjoying the sport I love. You keep bitching about a show you don't even watch.

Last edited:
I've been skipping over the first half of the show for a long time now, but this time I can't keep my eyes off the train wreck that is psycho Rousey. It's riveting stuff.

I've been skipping over the first half of the show for a long time now, but this time I can't keep my eyes off the train wreck that is psycho Rousey. It's riveting stuff.
People watch the first half?

If that were the case, where do you think these fighters were before joining TUF? Just sparring at their gyms not competing at all? Derp.

Well it's not necessarily the reality aspect of it like Real World. It's not only that you get to see the fights but you also get to see how they made their way there (eliminations) and then you see the training, their story, sometimes strategy, then the fight and the reaction.

For many this is the first time we have seen the given fighter before. In some ways you can compare it to a longer and more thorough version of the historical buildups (narratives) the UFC often shows about fighters prior to each main card fight. It's not just the fight but also an introduction to the fighter where you learn about them. With TUF it's often (exceptions aside) about watching amateur/2nd tier fighters make an entry into the "big leagues".

And, yes, there is the drama too. :)

If that were the case, where do you think these fighters were before joining TUF? Just sparring at their gyms not competing at all? Derp.
You're confused.

They come from intraregional shows.

TUF IS INTER-REGIONAL

Josh hill dominated ontario fighters in the ontario scene. Patrick holohan domianted the irish scene. TUF pits hill vs holohan

Chris Beal was dominant in BAMMA USA in California. Sirwan Karkai was dominant in Sweden. TUF pits beal vs karkai.

Get it? It's clearly a step up, and you have to be blind to not see it.

a.) like it? watch it!
b.) dont like it? dont watch it!

You're confused.

They come from intraregional shows.

TUF IS INTER-REGIONAL

Josh hill dominated ontario fighters in the ontario scene. Patrick holohan domianted the irish scene. TUF pits hill vs holohan

Chris Beal was dominant in BAMMA USA in California. Sirwan Karkai was dominant in Sweden. TUF pits beal vs karkai.

Get it? It's clearly a step up, and you have to be blind to not see it.

Because it's not like they've ever had people from the UFC in there before. Nor do they have guys from other professional promotions

Back