I only respect fighters that move up in weight.

Boxers who would move up and down in weight classes were always ranked the highest in the P4P list because they are LIVING the Pound for Pound life style.

DKSAB keep letting jones live in your head rent free tho

<JonesLaugh>

Connor actually went down in weight from 155 to 145 and was weight cutting king.
His record at his real weightclass at 155 is rather shitty.
His record above his real weightclass is 1:1 against a journeyman.
You can take him off your list.

You look like a Connor fan though. Seems like your thread backfired.

giphy.gif
That's why he has around 5-6 fights as LW in his career, lol.

Connor actually went down in weight from 155 to 145 and was weight cutting king.

giphy.gif

Dana specifically told him he'd only be allowed in the UFC at 145.

Yeah, GSP fought 000001 times in MW division.
Declined Silva 999999 times as well.

Yet Jones is the real culprit, see?

Why exactly did DC fled LHW, again? Wasn't he the all so champion of that division?

See, I don't care for Jones, he's a terrible person, but then I fall far behind Sherdoggers in terms of hatred towards him.

giphy.gif
Just need to say the name Conor these days and some beta like this is bound to get triggered immediately.
<{MingNope}>

Guys like DC, GSP, Silva, Masvidal, McGregor, Sonnen, Holloway, Diaz, Edgar, Penn, etc are real martial artists that don't give a shit about weight. Infact. The term "Pound for pound" was coined for fighters in boxing that were not afraid to fight at multiple weight classes. They were the true P4P greats.

This is why Jon Roid Jones will always be a coward in the eyes of true fans of fighting.
Conor only moved up because he couldn't kill himself to make the insane cut. That's not challenging yourself, that's just coming to terms with your body.

BFFA55D9-9C95-421D-96A8-13173F3D5EF5.jpeg So what you’re saying is you didn’t respect GSP until this year.......that’s garbage Logic

I am pretty sure you pulled that statement out of your ass, because it is simply not true. The term "Pound for Pound" was created to compare boxers who were too far apart in weight to ever face one another, but could still be regarded as the best in the sport, and to bring more attention to lighter-weight fighters.
This.

Even though you already got a "this" comment, you deserve another.

Every so often I come across where someone comments that the term "pound for pound" was created for fighters who fought in several weight classes.

And I always respond.

Because I can't believe that in this day and age, people still don't know what it means. And I don't know why, but for some reason that shit just bothers me. Could be because we're on a fighting forum, and you'd expect people to know the meaning of a term so commonly used. Especially when it's someone like TS who adamantly tells us it's for fighters that fight in different weight classes.

TS, if such is the case, why is it that Jones, Miocic, Nurmagomedov, and others, are ranked in the UFC "pound for pound" list when they have never fought in more than one weight class?

When fans say they respect a fighter it always sounds weird to me.

Guys like DC, GSP, Silva, Masvidal, McGregor, Sonnen, Holloway, Diaz, Edgar, Penn, etc are real martial artists that don't give a shit about weight. Infact. The term "Pound for pound" was coined for fighters in boxing that were not afraid to fight at multiple weight classes. They were the true P4P greats.

This is why Jon Roid Jones will always be a coward in the eyes of true fans of fighting.

LOL most of them you got it wrong!

DC moved DOWN (to LHW). Now he moved BACK UP.
GSP refused to move up throughout his whole career, until someone easy (Bisping) got the belt. And he run right after, despite signing a contract stating he would unify the belt.
McGeegor is a LW. he moved DOWN to FW in order to beat up smaller guys.
He actually CRIED when he lost to DIaz (another LW) because they fought at 170Lbs. and they did because Conor selected someone who had absolutely no camp and no time to lose weight. He could have fought other LW's who were ready (Khabib & Cowboy) who both called him out, but he "ignored" so he could fight DIaz. Then he complained Diaz ( a LW) was "3 times his size"
Sonnen was a LHW who moved to MW>
Diaz didn't move up. See above, he was fighting another LW at WW division because he didn't have time to cut down.

Silva, Penn are good examples though.

But your point about Jon? You are wrong
At some point, he started talking about moving up and fighting Cain (was that long ago), and Dana refused to allow him to move up.
So don't blame him for staying and getting comfortable!

Keyboard warrior calling professional fighters cowards. I wonder how they will survive.

Bitch ass fucking pudknocker.

GSP had plenty of opportunity to move up when there was a legitimate MW champion and he wanted nothing of it. He only did it when possible the least impressive champion ever had fluked his way to the belt. It was easy pickings. That doesn't count.

you arent a true fight fan..

What did you think of DC when he moved down?

Jones is fighting at his natural weight class his entire career. He never missed weight and he's skinny.

Your examples:
DC - he started his career at 265. He moved down to 205 because of Cain. He moved up because of Cain as well lol. He barely made 205. Cormier is a natural heavyweight and he shouldnt even be fighting once at 205.

GSP - he only cherry picked Bisping at this weight class. But respect, he beat Bisping after 4 years layoff and many injuries.

Anderson Silva - I agree. He always made 185 without any problems and he fought at 205 because lack of challenges at 185 in this time. But he was a big middleweight.

Masvidal - he's eating fast foods, he's getting old so he couldnt make 155.

McGregor - weight cutting expert. He looked like a zombie at 145. He knew Aldo fight will be his last fight at featherweight. He never fought at 170 against other person than Diaz. At 155 he only fought twice in UFC - it his natural weight class.

Sonnen - I agree, uncle Chael is not afraid of anyone.

Holloway - he's more lightweight these days, struggle to make 145. He tried at 155 but Poirier beat him. He should move up asap, its dangerous for him.

Diaz - he fought at 155 his entire career as a very big lightweight (at least long). He's 34, he dont want to cut so much weight so he's cherry picking opponents at 170 like Pettis. It means they are ducking 170lbs wrestlers.

Edgar - he is moving down, again. In his prime he fought at lightweight where ha was small 155er, very small and he was the legit champ. So respect for Frankie. Edgar should fight at bantamweight his entire career. I think he would easily make bantamweight in his prime, I dont know if now. He is nearly 38 years old.

Penn - I agree, Penn was a badass like uncle Chael.

Also Edgar has been working his way down the weightclasses.
can you really include Edgar in the same vein as Conor? Hes always been a pretty small dude and has always punched above his weight

Jones is fighting at his natural weight class his entire career. He never missed weight and he's skinny.

Your examples:
DC - he started his career at 265. He moved down to 205 because of Cain. He moved up because of Cain as well lol. He barely made 205. Cormier is a natural heavyweight and he shouldnt even be fighting once at 205.

GSP - he only cherry picked Bisping at this weight class. But respect, he beat Bisping after 4 years layoff and many injuries.

Anderson Silva - I agree. He always made 185 without any problems and he fought at 205 because lack of challenges at 185 in this time. But he was a big middleweight.

Masvidal - he's eating fast foods, he's getting old so he couldnt make 155.

McGregor - weight cutting expert. He looked like a zombie at 145. He knew Aldo fight will be his last fight at featherweight. He never fought at 170 against other person than Diaz. At 155 he only fought twice in UFC - it his natural weight class.

Sonnen - I agree, uncle Chael is not afraid of anyone.

Holloway - he's more lightweight these days, struggle to make 145. He tried at 155 but Poirier beat him. He should move up asap, its dangerous for him.

Diaz - he fought at 155 his entire career as a very big lightweight (at least long). He's 34, he dont want to cut so much weight so he's cherry picking opponents at 170 like Pettis. It means they are ducking 170lbs wrestlers.

Edgar - he is moving down, again. In his prime he fought at lightweight where ha was small 155er, very small and he was the legit champ. So respect for Frankie. Edgar should fight at bantamweight his entire career. I think he would easily make bantamweight in his prime, I dont know if now. He is nearly 38 years old.

Penn - I agree, Penn was a badass like uncle Chael.
Great break down

Back