I only respect fighters that move up in weight.

Boxers who would move up and down in weight classes were always ranked the highest in the P4P list because they are LIVING the Pound for Pound life style.
I feel like you completely ignored my fact-based post, and replied with more stuff you pulled out of your buttocks.

TS: "Conor doesn't care about weight"

Conor: "But but but he was TREE TIMES ME SIZE!!!!!!!"

Correct, although you could say DC is fat and only 1 inch taller than Dominick Cruz, Masvidal eats fast food in every video and Conor cut over 30 pounds.

Where did you hear Conor cuts over 30 pounds when he couldn't even bulk to 170?

I am pretty sure you pulled that statement out of your ass, because it is simply not true. The term "Pound for Pound" was created to compare boxers who were too far apart in weight to ever face one another, but could still be regarded as the best in the sport, and to bring more attention to lighter-weight fighters.
This.

If I recall correctly the term was invented as a way to compare Sugar Ray Robinson to the HWs.

Last edited:
Ts is a dumb kid, let's get over it.
He doesn't respect the majority of fighters. nuff said.
Let's just end this thread and don't give him attention.

Jon Jones AV. Checks out that you wouldn't care about moving up in weight. Since Roid head is pissing in his boots of it.
When someone truly moves up in weight (BJ Penn back in the day), it's great. But saying DC moved up in weight to HW is just false revisionist history and shows how little you know about the sport.

I enjoy champions who consistently defend their weight class multiple times, rather than chasing a superfight at a different weight class and holding up the division. The odd superfight is fun too though. I'm sure Jon will fight at HW eventually, but I don't see why anyone cares that much. He'd be one of the lightest HW's on the roster in terms of walk around weight if he moved up, it's not like his cut to LHW is astronomical.

Ts is a dumb kid, let's get over it.
He doesn't respect the majority of fighters. nuff said.
Let's just end this thread and don't give him attention.
Then leave. But you can't because you are too triggered by facts you just had to add to my thread

Most the fighters that "move up" are actually moving to the REAL weightclass.

So really, you should respect them less for moving down in the first place.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-18-at-13.43.09.png

I don't care if you move up or down a weight class as long as you are fighting legitimate competition.

Interesting didn't though that, because he weight in at like 168 or whatever for the Nate fight I assumed he walked around at like 165.
And his nutritionist said that he was 171 in the cage against Khabib.

meh. not necessary IMO. i actually dig it when guys try to take over an entire division and hang out there exclusively (GSP). no reason you can't stay wherever you feel the most comfortable.

Connor actually went down in weight from 155 to 145 and was weight cutting king.
His record at his real weightclass at 155 is rather shitty.
His record above his real weightclass is 1:1 against a journeyman.
You can take him off your list.

You look like a Connor fan though. Seems like your thread backfired.

giphy.gif
I agree, but other than that ok for me hehe

Guys like DC, GSP, Silva, Masvidal, McGregor, Sonnen, Holloway, Diaz, Edgar, Penn, etc are real martial artists that don't give a shit about weight. Infact. The term "Pound for pound" was coined for fighters in boxing that were not afraid to fight at multiple weight classes. They were the true P4P greats.

This is why Jon Roid Jones will always be a coward in the eyes of true fans of fighting.

jones won't even take one fight at heavyweight. it's pretty bad lol.

Back