I once doubted Ronda but ...

she just beat up a girl who was an accountant 3 years ago. who started training to "lose weight".

EDIT. they advertised BETHE as rondas hardest test yet....

Exactly. Huge mismatch Rondas good but it's easy to be good in the least talented division

Ronda is fantastic. I'm sure even she would like stronger competition. Must be boring for her knowing she's on her own level.

gNdF5e1.gif

👍👍👍💪💪💪

I'm not trying to hate in anyway. I'm just giving an honest opinion here. The finish looks odd to me. Bethe is moving away from Ronda and takes a punch basically on the neck and falls like she got hit by Anthony johnson. Again, not inciting that the fight was fixed or anything like that. It just looked strange. I know there are strange knockouts in mma. Anyone else agree or can at least provide more insight?

She got clipped a couple times before and she was wobbled and out of it already, the last 2 hits were just to get her down. The one on the back of her head was nasty, not so strong but considering Bethe was wobbled it was definitely enough. Seriously, you didn't see the left hand landing on Bethe's chin and her head twitching, only to get hit again right away? She was out of it by that point. Anyway, you gotta be a moron to take a dive on your head(unless you're a pro stuntman), she was clearly seeing stars.

That is true but from seeing high quality men's mma vs high quality womans mma it's pretty clear that it's a very large dip in skill and athleticism.

There are literally hundreds of knockouts in men's mma that look weird to me but still, a tough guy goes to the canvas.

Ronda is fantastic. I'm sure even she would like stronger competition. Must be boring for her knowing she's on her own level.

It probably is, but I'm sure the boredom is instantly forgotten when she glances at her bank account

Admittedly the boxing was like early KOTC fights, but Ronda needs to be judged in the context of her peers - and she's clearly dominant.

I like watching wmma but Ronda is fighting bums. She literally has no competition.

Not sure what Ronda has to do to get some credit. She beat Bethe's ass by purely striking in 34 seconds which resulted in a face plant KO - something I've never seen in WMMA. It's not like she grew up learning how to strike. She also beat the piss out of McMan who is an Olympic level athlete wrestler and Tate who is as legit as they come in WMMA and also the former champ.

Not sure what Ronda has to do to get some credit. She beat Bethe's ass by purely striking in 34 seconds which resulted in a face plant KO - something I've never seen in WMMA. It's not like she grew up learning how to strike. She also beat the piss out of McMan who is an Olympic level athlete wrestler and Tate who is as legit as they come in WMMA and also the former champ.

Not to mention the beautiful technique she demonstrated in her 14 second win over Cat. Ronda showed more technical ability in those 14 seconds than Cyborg has in her entire career

At this point it's debatable: are her opponents completely outclassed, or does Ronda completely outclass her opponents?

The fact that most other fights in the division appear competitive says that it's the latter. Ronda is in a class of her own at this point.

She isn't bad, the rest of her division is kinda bad.

compared to what exactly

LHW that has guys coming off losses getting title shots and a division filled with washed up legends like ramapge,shogun and lil nog and guys like ryan bader close to title shots

or is it heavyweight that has frank mir vs arlovski in 2015 fighting for a title shot

:redface:

idk i always think rondas striking looks kinda awkward and unimpressive
she misses a lot of punches
she gets hit a lot

Her fights remind me of my serious rolls with my instructors. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad :(

???
everyone already acknowledges that shes by far the best in her division

She's obviously the best in her division. However, I do believe it's a combination of her skills and the rest of the division being really weak. She was effective last night, but striking technique still looked really sloppy.

Back