I once doubted Ronda but ...

lefthighkick01

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
she really is a phenomenon.

Unbelievable how she dispatches these women so quick. 2 finishes combined in under a minute.

Wow its going to be really hard to beat this girl.

Especially since her division is kinda bad.

The only real fight she has is Cyborg and she's avoid that like the plague, she'll retire undefeated.

She can pat people on the head and they fall down.

Cool story bro. She's also not bad, as evidenced by dominating everyone else.

Bethe was working in an office little over 3 years ago, making coffee and running the fax machine...WMMA is still in it's early stages, Rousey is the only fighter in the division that you could say actually has talent and a background which was always destined to lead into MMA. It's a shame that she has to fight against opponents who are at best amateur level. She will retire undefeated.

The womens soup can division is weak as fuck.

Cool story bro. She's also not bad, as evidenced by dominating everyone else.

This is basically the reaction after every Ronda fight. She faces an outmatched opponent, squashes them, and then there are threads like this about how great she is.

Bethe Correia barely beat shot fighters. Ronda is an elite athlete smashing girls who have only been involved in athletics for a handful of years.

The womens soup can division is weak as fuck.
Yes. I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be impressed by Rock'em Sock'em Robot stand-up with no feeling out process.

This is basically the reaction after every Ronda fight. She faces an outmatched opponent, squashes them, and then there are threads like this about how great she is.

Bethe Correia barely beat shot fighters. Ronda is an elite athlete smashing girls who have only been involved in athletics for a handful of years.

Yeeaaah.

It was kinda embarrassing tonight. I watched Bethe this so called striker flail away against the fence with her head and chin straight in the air and her hands at her chest.

Ronda's technique isn't great, but she's strong and throws with proper leverage. If a chick just stands there flailing with her face unprotected a strong chick like Ronda will KO you.

It's hard to watch. Really need to see Cyborg fight her.

For her competition Ronda is an absolute monster.

The biggest problem with Ronda has nothing to do with her, but the hyperbole that surrounds her. It casts a big shadow on the sport when they act as though its the pinnacle of MMA skills.

Par for the course every time A dominating champ arrives the division is instantly considered weak. LOL

Yeeaaah.

It was kinda embarrassing tonight. I watched Bethe this so called striker flail away against the fence with her head and chin straight in the air and her hands at her chest.

Ronda's technique isn't great, but she's strong and throws with proper leverage. If a chick just stands there flailing with her face unprotected a strong chick like Ronda will KO you.

It's hard to watch. Really need to see Cyborg fight her.

Ronda's real problem in striking is her posture (she acknowledged this actually after the fight in an interview). Seems like something she's carried over from her Judo days. Her weight just isn't where it needs to be when striking and she always ends up too far ahead of her feet. It's good that she recognizes it, though.

I'm not trying to hate in anyway. I'm just giving an honest opinion here. The finish looks odd to me. Bethe is moving away from Ronda and takes a punch basically on the neck and falls like she got hit by Anthony johnson. Again, not inciting that the fight was fixed or anything like that. It just looked strange. I know there are strange knockouts in mma. Anyone else agree or can at least provide more insight?

Par for the course every time A dominating champ arrives the division is instantly considered weak. LOL

That is true but from seeing high quality men's mma vs high quality womans mma it's pretty clear that it's a very large dip in skill and athleticism.

she really is a phenomenon.

Unbelievable how she dispatches these women so quick. 2 finishes combined in under a minute.

Wow its going to be really hard to beat this girl.

she just beat up a girl who was an accountant 3 years ago. who started training to "lose weight".

EDIT. they advertised BETHE as rondas hardest test yet....

Back