I now wear gaiters instead of medical masks. here is my current one

That's cool brah, this is me at the grocery store

il_340x270.2276542966_mzge.jpg

Thats actually rad
That is the Sandman, an older DC comics character. I've always wanted to dress up like for Halloween, but as most everyone can now attest, a gas mask , especially coupled with a jacket, tie, fedora, and trench coat, isn't very comfortable. I did paint one of son's old Nerf guns to use as his sleep-gas gun, but the only use it got was when my wife used it as a prop for steam punk photo shoots.

I have yet to find a comfortable mask.
I'm getting more used to the disposable blue ones, they seem the least restrictive. I tried on a KN95 earlier and it ticked my eyes when I spoke because my breath was being forced upwards. So that's that.

I like these, which come with a little plastic piece that joins the earloops together behind your head. Instead of throwing them away, I use them as filters for the bottom of potted plants. Airqueen is just a tradename -- different companies have partnered with this manufacturer.

I was expecting these gators
72e-e1548854817574.jpg

and a thread on how alligators dont get covid and you cant die with that much style or something.
I AM DISSAPOINT
Dat's right, playa! HYUK HYUK HAAA!
4EI3IU_0NxZ0GXL00

I like these, which come with a little plastic piece that joins the earloops together behind your head. Instead of throwing them away, I use them as filters for the bottom of potted plants. Airqueen is just a tradename -- different companies have partnered with this manufacturer.

Dat's right, playa! HYUK HYUK HAAA!
4EI3IU_0NxZ0GXL00

Hyeah buddy! 8e1a970a05f4d3421194e434a36f9b35--disney-gone-bad-dark-disney.jpg

anti masker scenario #1. They’re right and wearing a mask spreads covid all the same
#2 They’re wrong and by not wearing a mask covid has been able to spread more.

Pro masker scenario #1 They’re right and it helps to prevent the spread of covid
#2 They’re wrong and wearing a mask spreads covid all the same.
If the mask people are wrong, it would spread it more. You're less likely to keep other people at a distance if you think having cloth over your face is protecting you.

Gaitors as you call them increase transmission to 110% as they take larger droplets and disperse them as smaller ones that hang in the air for longer.

Put a mask on!
You sound like an expert on the subject. Of course, much like masks neck gaiters come in a wide variety of styles and fabrics.

Its fucking funny how some researcher says they might be worse, and the sheep are all jumping on his dick.

You sound like an expert on the subject. Of course, much like masks neck gaiters come in a wide variety of styles and fabrics.

Its fucking funny how some researcher says they might be worse, and the sheep are all jumping on his dick.

Definitely not an expert, just following the latest advice as the research is done.

I imagine you're trying to suggest people listening to expert opinion and changing their behaviour accordingly in an effort to save lives is a bad thing, but I think it's pretty neat.

Definitely not an expert, just following the latest advice as the research is done.

I imagine you're trying to suggest people listening to expert opinion and changing their behaviour accordingly in an effort to save lives is a bad thing, but I think it's pretty neat.

There's lots of people wearing masks and neck gaiters in an effort to save lives. A shitty face covering is a shitty face covering.

These are technically meant to be worn while snowboarding, skiing, etc. But they fit nicely around the neck and can be pulled up at any time and are extremelly breathable. They make an american flag one that is black white and gray that looks cool but I kind of feel using those colors in our flag is disrespectful.

There is also an american flag one that looks beat up and max maxish that looks really cool but it is backordered until late this year.

16b8e462-f06f-4820-ac8e-c7173dacf6a1.c0aa6499d969fca2dd74e75cb923daa5.jpeg

if you are doing it for covid you are better off wearing nothing

A group of researchers from Duke University recently conducted a study on the effectiveness of masks, ranging from hospital-grade N95 respirators to simple bandanas.

“Of the 14 masks and other coverings tested, the study found that some easily accessible cotton cloth masks are about as effective as standard surgical masks, while popular alternatives such as neck gaiters made of thin, stretchy material may be worse than not wearing a mask at all,” The Washington Post reported.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...2bb888-db18-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html

There's lots of people wearing masks and neck gaiters in an effort to save lives. A shitty face covering is a shitty face covering.

That's what I thought, but apparently the stretchy fabric can be worse. The research paper did show which masks were best and I've used that info to source some.

If the mask people are wrong, it would spread it more. You're less likely to keep other people at a distance if you think having cloth over your face is protecting you.
That comes after the facts of wearing a mask. You’re making an assumption that people will be more careless with a mask than not, when not wearing a mask is careless.

Back