I no longer think Tony is this unstoppable guy at LW

To be fair Tony does everything Max does but bigger and better.

At times Dustin was faded BAD against Max. On the verge of completely gassing out.

Either Dustin finishes Tony in the first 2 rounds or Tony's pace BREAKS him. Guaranteed. Zero doubt in my mind. Either Dustin in 2 or Tont takes over.

max is actually very calculated and controlled, tony is more flashy and chaotic

not really similar fighters at all

Rewatching his fight with Pettis and Dustin’s fight with Max, I’m going with Dustin running a bulldozer through Tony’s face and KO in First or second

Dustin has power and amazing accuracy
He was catching Max from sides and while running

Tony is damn near legendary but Dustin’s frame,power and accuracy is a bomb

Not like Tony was BJJ and Taking down pettis with some cool wrestling
He stood up and fought and was very vulnerable
His elbows cut but don’t put away
Dustin will put him away
It’s not a recent fight bias. Dustin has been known for KO power

Tony has a ton of reach on Dustin unlike Max, and Pettis so we will see

I see where you are coming from but I favor Tony over Dustin. Tony has much longer reach and a height advantage over Poirier and his unrelenting pressure and ability to recover from shots will be too much imo
Yet Pettis dropped him so did other fighters

Either I am underrating Tony or overrating Dustin

Regardless both are amazing and fight needs to happen
After tony vs khabib

How about Tony mentally breaking Dustin like Eddie did in their first fight?

Dustin has some quit in him.

I honestly think Tony tkos him. Tony is 5'11 with 76 inch reach. Tony has a bit more power then Max, and Tony likes to use other tools besides his hands. Tony also has great recovery, so if he gets rocked I dont see him getting put out. But who knows

I don't think Tony has ever been unstoppable.
But his madness & grit is what makes him dangerous.
Guy could be taking bombs, bleeding all over the place, cut, and still that mad dog will come and try to win the fight.
That's why Tony is great. The strongest? No. The most insane? Yes.

max is actually very calculated and controlled, tony is more flashy and chaotic

not really similar fighters at all
They dont have to be similar for Tony to be better...

They both get hit in the face. A lot. Tony can hold up to LW power better than Max though.

I actually think him cutting ties with his wife and kid makes him even more unstoppable. No distractions #ChampShitOnly

They dont have to be similar for Tony to be better...

They both get hit in the face. A lot. Tony can hold up to LW power better than Max though.

you said tony does everything max does

but they arent similar?

take a year off, no sparring

Rewatching his fight with Pettis and Dustin’s fight with Max, I’m going with Dustin running a bulldozer through Tony’s face and KO in First or second

Dustin has power and amazing accuracy
He was catching Max from sides and while running

Tony is damn near legendary but Dustin’s frame,power and accuracy is a bomb

Not like Tony was BJJ and Taking down pettis with some cool wrestling
He stood up and fought and was very vulnerable
His elbows cut but don’t put away
Dustin will put him away
It’s not a recent fight bias. Dustin has been known for KO power
Don't let the fight with Max fool you. Tony is a much better fighter than Max

Tony doesn't have Max's chin, I think he gets dropped several times and finds a way in the later rounds after Dustin's output slows.

Eventually Tony's chin will crack and he's going to get knocked out by guys he already finished

Tony doesn't have Max's chin, I think he gets dropped several times and finds a way in the later rounds after Dustin's output slows.

Eventually Tony's chin will crack and he's going to get knocked out by guys he already finished
That last sentence is basically exactly what is going to happen with Max.

That last sentence is basically exactly what is going to happen with Max.
I agree with you, except that I think Max at least has the ability and time to vastly improve his defense, which Tony doesn't.

The only thing is that Dustin's output no longer stops

Dustin is no Pettis. Even tired he has leget KO power

I always pick against Tony and he wins somehow.

I would pick against him again in this fight, but honestly dont know.

Nobody is unstoppable. So that kills that - but he's obviously one of the best at 155. He can beat, but whoever fights him will have to fight the best fight they've ever fought to do it.

would be a hell of a fight, both guys are well rounded and put on wars. Tony gets hit a lot but a lot of that is due to coming forward keeping guys moving backwards and eventually breaking their will. Plus he has mastered the panic roll when he does get tagged. He doesnt stand there or move backwards leaving himself vulnerable, he starts rolling around on the floor until he finds an ankle or comes back to his senses.
Lmao your description of Tony rolling around on the floor is hilarious.

Back