I no longer think Tony is this unstoppable guy at LW

MMA reborn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rewatching his fight with Pettis and Dustin’s fight with Max, I’m going with Dustin running a bulldozer through Tony’s face and KO in First or second

Dustin has power and amazing accuracy
He was catching Max from sides and while running

Tony is damn near legendary but Dustin’s frame,power and accuracy is a bomb

Not like Tony was BJJ and Taking down pettis with some cool wrestling
He stood up and fought and was very vulnerable
His elbows cut but don’t put away
Dustin will put him away
It’s not a recent fight bias. Dustin has been known for KO power

Try kill Tony by running a bulldozer over his face?

Not happening

Tony's got to be chopped into pieces and burnt in different parts of the world

would be a hell of a fight, both guys are well rounded and put on wars. Tony gets hit a lot but a lot of that is due to coming forward keeping guys moving backwards and eventually breaking their will. Plus he has mastered the panic roll when he does get tagged. He doesnt stand there or move backwards leaving himself vulnerable, he starts rolling around on the floor until he finds an ankle or comes back to his senses.

I see where you are coming from but I favor Tony over Dustin. Tony has much longer reach and a height advantage over Poirier and his unrelenting pressure and ability to recover from shots will be too much imo

Tony is just too big,strong,skilled and has hell of a chin and heart,Max and Tony are just 2 very different fighters

You know the answer why wasting your time by asking me?

Because I don't know the answer. You're listing some of Tony's qualities, then saying: "Max and Tony are just 2 very different fighters", which could lead one to believe that the qualities you just listed don't apply to Dustin.

Because I don't know the answer. You're listing some of Tony's qualities, then saying: "Max and Tony are just 2 very different fighters", which could lead one to believe that the qualities you just listed don't apply to Dustin.
Watch Conor vs Dustin

Watch Conor vs Dustin

Okay, so your point is that Dustin doesn't have heart, cuz he got ko'ed by McGregor? You don't think he showed heart vs i.e. Gaethje, Alvares and Max?

Tony has no quit in him, he’s been fucked up but just like that one chick we all know comes the saying

NEVER FUCK WITH CRAZY

Since Jim Miller fight Dustin is no longer dumb in the exchanges, he's not using that stationary guard now and is much harder to hit + he has bombs (lead hook and left cross + southpaw jab).

Okay, so your point is that Dustin doesn't have heart, cuz he got ko'ed by McGregor? You don't think he showed heart vs i.e. Gaethje, Alvares and Max?
Youre touchy and thats not insulting but I dont like it

Dustin has to knock him out early which he's def capable of. Dustin was huffing and puffing from Max's pace from rounds 3-5 and needed breaks there. Max @ 155 can't put the type of pace, power, diversity and output of Tony. If Dustin doesn't get him outta there it's gonna go like every Tony fight does with the other guy getting drowned later in the fight. There's no one in LW history that could beat this version of Tony for 5 rounds except maybe Khabib. You almost have to finish him early

Last edited:
To be fair Tony does everything Max does but bigger and better.

At times Dustin was faded BAD against Max. On the verge of completely gassing out.

Either Dustin finishes Tony in the first 2 rounds or Tony's pace BREAKS him. Guaranteed. Zero doubt in my mind. Either Dustin in 2 or Tont takes over.

That's simply how Tony fights. If he stays in the game, it will come the day where he'll be ko'd (could be said of anybody really), but to assume he will lose because he gets hurt in fights is simply counterfactual and backward. Up to this day, almost every time he got hurt, he still won.

Should be a good fight, but Dustin' chin is a bit suspect

The whole calling those two main events at 236 "title fights" was just a financial ploy. Max at 155 is a joke of a fight for any top 5 and even some of the bottom 5s. That's an insult considering how stacked that division already is (same as a 185 "title fight" not involving Romero). I've been saying this since he beat Ortega because I knew some you tards would fall for the hype.

Lol at comparing Tony to Max. Dustin was kinda successful because he could move forward and sting Max. Good luck doing that vs Tony.

Try kill Tony by running a bulldozer over his face?

Not happening

Tony's got to be chopped into pieces and burnt in different parts of the world

i had this idea that maybe the pieces of his body could be encased with diamond to stop them recombining or growing into new tonys

Back