I need your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like an intelligent guy. If you know that much about exercise, you should say something smart, instead of just bitching.

The guy asked a question. I tried to give an answer. You seem to have a better answer. So give it, instead of wasting your time doing nothing. If you think TS is in this for the short term, then don't even comment

The answer to the question "Please S&P how can i bag chicks" is "wrong forum, bitch" and with a purple belt in sherdog-jitsu you should know so.

Dude, eat better and do crunches, and lay off the goddamn beer.

It's not rocket science. You're talking to a guy who has had a six pack his whole life

I don't want to get into a P90X fight here. It's not a bad workout tape, it's very good in fact. And why wouldn't it be? They're professional trainers doing research-obviously they're going to make new innovations.

But it isn't special. It's the newest effective way of confusing your muscles. But I'm sure in ten years, there'll be some new craze.

More important is to understand the science behind exercise-the simplicity, the way to get what you want, and to stay in shape

This forum is not about ways to confuse the muscles. This forum is about ways to increase your performance. No one here cares about the "science" behind confusing the muscles. You are in the wrong forum. Go away.

They used a ultra-scientific chart in their infomercial. Obviously, P90X is legit:

muscle_confusion.jpg

The part that says that the principle behind "muscle confusion" is a marketing gimmick that has no scientific backing and, at the same time, goes against the well described and scientifically proven models of relationship between stress stimuli and adaptation and against many decades of proven practice in competitive sports.

You are the target group of that marketing design. Now go away.

The part that says that the principle behind "muscle confusion" is a marketing gimmick that has no scientific backing and, at the same time, goes against the well described and scientifically proven models of relationship between stress stimuli and adaptation and against many decades of proven practice in competitive sports.

You are the target group of that marketing design. Now go away.

No. you see muscle confusion (changing your routine/sets/reps/whatever) is good but not good as long as you as are progressing within your workout.

So say if i start a workout program and i am increasing the weight 5+ pounds every week i should never change the program i am currently on, because your body hasn't adapted to it yet.

Once you stall, or stop increasing the weight is when you take 1-2 weeks off. And start a new form/different training method/program. So technically changing your workout program is really called muscle confusion. Because you started something different so you would end up making better gains.

But in no way should you change your workout if it is working. If it is working than why change it?

GO SONNEN!

Welp, it was a good FAQ. I guess I'm a little wiser, and it has things outlined well.

What answer is the one you want? Separating days into chest/tris, back/bis, legs, cardio.... etc?

My answer is STILL variety and consistency. F- it.

...earlier that day:

Dude, eat better and do crunches, and lay off the goddamn beer.

It's not rocket science. You're talking to a guy who has had a six pack his whole life

So michael, how many crunches per day would you suggest I should do in order to get your sixpacks?

Welp, it was a good FAQ. I guess I'm a little wiser, and it has things outlined well.

What answer is the one you want? Separating days into chest/tris, back/bis, legs, cardio.... etc?

My answer is STILL variety and consistency. F- it.

You didn't read it at all did you.

No. you see muscle confusion (changing your routine/sets/reps/whatever) is good but not good as long as you as are progressing within your workout.

So say if i start a workout program and i am increasing the weight 5+ pounds every week i should never change the program i am currently on, because your body hasn't adapted to it yet.

Once you stall, or stop increasing the weight is when you take 1-2 weeks off. And start a new form/different training method/program. So technically changing your workout program is really called muscle confusion. Because you started something different so you would end up making better gains.

But in no way should you change your workout if it is working. If it is working than why change it?

GO SONNEN!

Blasphemy. Muscle confusion has zero to do with the principles of adaptation and programming.

GO SONNEN!

Bright, periodization is not remotely similar to "muscle confusion".

Deloading, changing the set/rep schemes and periodically varying the motor patterns in order to avoid accommodation is in no way similar to "keeping your body guessing".

EDIT: PH beat me to it.

GO SONNEN!

I don't perform the workout. I don't follow the ...booklet. I build muscle just like everyone else at the gym does. My friend burned me the tapes, so I watch when I'm at home and I don't have a partner (even a fake partner is good for setting the pace) and when I want something new.

I write down my results, and make small gains each time. But I certainly don't try to confuse my muscles in that way, and I don't shut myself off from one workout to do another a different week.

So, I obviously didn't understand what muscle confusion meant. I prefer to work each muscle group each week

Blasphemy. Muscle confusion has zero to do with the principles of adaptation and programming.

yes. If you change your workout program you are simply confusing your muscles by doing a different type of thing. Like on week 8 you stall on type 1 workout program.

you start type 2 workout program and you are making gains. You simply confused your muscles into a new type of training whether its changing from doing squats on Monday to doing bench on Monday you changed things which confuses your muscles into new growth.

So it might technically not be called that, but LITERALLY, that is WHAT you are doing to your body.

Bright, periodization is not remotely similar to "muscle confusion".

Deloading, changing the set/rep schemes and periodically varying the motor patterns in order to avoid accommodation is in no way similar to "keeping your body guessing".

Then I was wrong. I was referring to the former

yes. If you change your workout program you are simply confusing your muscles by doing a different type of thing. Like on week 8 you stall on type 1 workout program.

you start type 2 workout program and you are making gains. You simply confused your muscles into a new type of training whether its changing from doing squats on Monday to doing bench on Monday you changed things which confuses your muscles into new growth.

So it might technically not be called that, but LITERALLY, that is WHAT you are doing to your body.

So how do you confuse your muscles when they've stopped making gains by your rolling around with the heavy bag?

*predicts this thread ends 8 pages later with bright posting a squat vid*

michael, TS's question is a forbidden topic in this forum (and was actually answered in detail in the first reply). The only thing left to do until this thread gets locked is make fun of people who give stupid advice.

If you are an intelligent guy, you will get a hint and question your point of view (maybe even read the FAQ's!). If you're not intelligent but not completely dumb either, you will go away now. If you are none of the above you will stay here and keep arguing, providing more lulz.

Thank you(Activate: Smug Mode!):icon_chee

Wrong place to ask. Walk away. Now.:icon_twis

Seriously, try a BodyBuilding site. Asking for advice in the S&P Thread on how to look good with your shirt off will get you Flamed to ashes.:eek:

ah haaaa! Well well... clearly I'm out of my league. I was too distracted by the man corset.

Well then. I'll be more educated if I ever decide to post a topic in this thread. I must be more disciplined

So how do you confuse your muscles when they've stopped making gains by your rolling around with the heavy bag?

*predicts this thread ends 8 pages later with bright posting a squat vid*

lol, you either add progress with your deadlift/squats or increase the heavy bag weight by adding sand bags into it.

LOL. no squat video. Football starts next week. Ive already been flamed enough. Pick on someone else.

lol, you either add progress with your deadlift/squats or increase the heavy bag weight by adding sand bags into it.

LOL. no squat video. Football starts next week. Ive already been flamed enough. Pick on someone else.

Thats incremental increases not muscle confusion.

ah haaaa! Well well... clearly I'm out of my league. I was too distracted by the man corset.

Well then. I'll be more educated if I ever decide to post a topic in this thread. I must be more disciplined

Well, if you ever need to post a new thread you might want to go through the stickies first!

In any case, thanks for the lulz! :)

Lol! Good luck with that bone marrow shit. I hope it heals up fully.

Confusion (from Latin confusĭo, -ōnis, noun of action from confundere "to pour together", also "to confuse") of a pathological degree usually refers to loss of orientation (ability to place oneself correctly in the world by time, location, and/or personal identity) sometimes accompanied by disordered consciousness and often memory (ability to correctly recall previous events or learn new material).

The above is very different from this:

Training intelligently has nothing to do with your muscles waking up, not knowing what happened the previous day, being in a house you've never been to before, sharing a bed with a hot asian girl you don't know, but hell, since your muscles are already in bed with her, they start fingering her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back