I need your help with age discrimination.

TheBlondBomber

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Listen to this bunch of malarky. My buddies and I want to rent a house in Florida for spring break this year, the only problem is they only rent out to people who are 25+ and families. And if you are under 25, you must have your parents with you and they must stay the entire time. Someone give me some ideas to get around this.

Listen to this bunch of malarky. My buddies and I want to rent a house in Florida for spring break this year, the only problem is they only rent out to people who are 25+ and families. And if you are under 25, you must have your parents with you and they must stay the entire time. Someone give me some ideas to get around this.

Lie and say you're over 25.

Lie and say you're over 25.

They check your ID with your credit card and for every 3 people under the age of 25, you have to have one 25 year old. That means for the 15 guys that want to go down, we have to have five 25 year olds. Plus if they find out you're lying, they can evict you on the spot, no refund.

I might have to call up Jackie Childs.

They check your ID with your credit card and for every 3 people under the age of 25, you have to have one 25 year old. That means for the 15 guys that want to go down, we have to have five 25 year olds. Plus if they find out you're lying, they can evict you on the spot, no refund.

I might have to call up Jackie Childs.

Sounds quasi-illegal.

I doubt you've got much to go on.

Car rental places often have high age requirements and they never get successfully sued.

In Florida, I'd be surprised if the laws and community weren't very sympathetic to people who don't want their property trashed by students.

Understandable unless you're giving up a fuckton of surety.

Age discrimination refers to people being held back because they are over 40. Not renting to a kid sounds like smart business to me.

I doubt you've got much to go on.

Car rental places often have high age requirements and they never get successfully sued.

In Florida, I'd be surprised if the laws and community weren't very sympathetic to people who don't want their property trashed by students.

We were able to rent a house last year on spring break, but this year it's becoming more difficult. The area we're in has hotels and strip malls surrounding the beach. I just wonder if it's legal to evict someone even if the person who rented the house (parents) is over 25 but not present.

It's not really discrimination. The renter dosent want to take a chance with a bunch of kids on spring break. Just find a renter who dosent give a shit.

Age discrimination refers to people being held back because they are over 40. Not renting to a kid sounds like smart business to me.

Three of the guys that are going on the trip serve in the military, so they're responsible enough to be defenders of freedom, but no responsible enough to rent a house.

This is different than drinking because they are allowed to rent some houses, just not the houses in a certain area.

I'm under 25, and I certainly don't blame them.

It's not really discrimination. The renter dosent want to take a chance with a bunch of kids on spring break. Just find a renter who dosent give a shit.

I think it's dumb business, they're losing out on 8 grand by not letting college kids rent their house when the house isn't booked throughout March because families aren't going on vacation then. What they should do is make the deposit extremely high if they're worried about college kids trashing their house.

I rented a house on the water in the Keys for my family and the community handbook was almost 100 pages of rules. They were really serious about speed limit of 10mph and no loud music. They basically said that if you had loud music the cops would be there before you could blink. I guess there is so much trashy partying going on that nice private communities are full of rules.

I think it's dumb business, they're losing out on 8 grand by not letting college kids rent their house when the house isn't booked throughout March because families aren't going on vacation then. What they should do is make the deposit extremely high if they're worried about college kids trashing their house.

And then get caught up in court when you demand your money back? IOt's not worth the trouble.

Age discrimination has to do with employment scenarios, not a private entity's decision not to rent a house to kids.

Back