I need to know the real reason Ronda is so hated.

Ronda said she could beat all the women with one hand behind her back.... She believed all the hype and more and never gave respect to the other fighters. Even Conor did not brag as much and he actually gave credit to his opponent.

I agree.

She's a bad person.

Not as bad as Paul Harris but still a terrible human being.

Bitchy, arrogant, rude, unsportsmanlike, vindictive, etc. Take your pick.

I'll never take anything away from her accomplishments as an MMA fighter. She was clearly the best during her reign and won her fights impressively.

I just never connected with her demeanor. Her interviews and media spots were hard to watch, and then add things like the "Four Horsewomen" nonsense, or the "Do Nothing Bitch" shtick ...

I enjoyed watching her lose, both times. Wish absolutely no ill-will on her or any fighter however. Hope she does well in whatever endeavors she pursues.

Briefly: The hate started when the 'real' Ronda Rousey was exposed on TUF in late 2013. No amount of editing and PR could cover up who she really was.

Throughout 2012 and the first half of 2013, most hardcore fans loved her. She was bad ass and a breath of fresh air. But on TUF Ronda was exposed as an immature, bullying teenager surrounded by sycophants like Edmund. The hardcore MMA community turned on her. When she fought Miesha at UFC 168, she was booed before and after the fight.

Thereafter there was a concerted attempt by the UFC (and presumably her talent agency, WME, which now owns the UFC) to cultivate a more positive image for Ronda. She was constantly in the public eye, but this time in carefully managed situations in which the 'real' Rousey wouldn't come out. This helped her image considerably. In 2015, she even went babyface after Bethe Correira made some ugly comments that seemed to reference her father's suicide. She was depicted as a superhero and, gradually, even the hardcore fans who disliked her began to come around.

However, at this exact time Rousey began to appear increasingly hubristic due to her success in and out of the cage. Ridiculous hyperbole about her being the greatest female athlete ever annoyed fans. And at the UFC 193 weigh-in, Ronda had some kind of emotional meltdown, and she has never looked the same since.

The rest is history.

Briefly: The hate started when the 'real' Ronda Rousey was exposed on TUF in late 2013. No amount of editing and PR could cover up who she really was..

I've heard this repeated a few different times. This isn't an accurate representation of the timeline. Blowback on Rousey started before TUF. There was a large swell of this and other MMA communities that were thoroughly annoyed at how much Rousey was being discussed, so much so that articles were written about the incoming blowback before TUF began (one in particular that I think encapsulated the time very well, that I'll try to dig up if I can). There was a period where every other headline on major MMA sites was about Rousey, because those were the articles that drew traffic. Heading into TUF, people were looking for a reason to hate Rousey because it justified their annoyance in her media attention. TUF is certainly a landmark in when the tides turned against Rousey, but it began with overexposure prior.

Last edited:
If bantamweights want to earn their way into the UFC, should they have to earn their way by fighting middleweights? Heavyweights?

What's the distinction between (understandably) separating men among weight and separating men and women among gender? Is this not to accomplish the same goal? For parity among physical differences? If you think entire divisions are warranted based on a few pounds of difference, then surely a division for being an entirely different sex with a different anatomy that accounts for half the population in the world is warranted?

Is a male vs. female fight with the exact same quality of skills more or less of a fair fight than a fight between two men of equal skills and 5-10 pound discrepancy? If your answer is it's less of a fair fight, you should support a women's division in the UFC for the exact same reason you support weight classes.

At last count, there are up to 63 different genders. Can't have divisions for all of them.

From start to end? Lets see, I think it started with the PMS-fest in the first fight against Tate, ending with the double arm break and her saying she didn't care about it. Ducking Cyborg and trash talking about it. Attacking bimbo's out jealousy, saying she could beat male fighters, TUF, not shaking Tate's hand, other similar antics. Being overrated and extremely overhyped getting attention she didn't deserve. Then against Holly she faked a beef, refused to touch gloves and paid dearly for it. Imagine if she had beaten Holly? God damn, she would have gotten away with that crap. She would have continued being even worse.

Last edited:
My biggest fear in MMA was her retiring unbeaten after a couple more can crushes. Then we would have had to endure the white knighting of Ronda for the rest of our lives. Thank our lord and savior that it didn't end up that way.

Misogyny.

Women are supposed to be sweet, self deprecating, meek, mild etc.

Ronda is brash, outspoken, "bitchy" etc.

She doesn't practice the socially preferred/prescribed femininity and people hate her for it.

Pretty simple really.
Yea everyone here hates JJ because of the exact same reason. /s
Fark off with that SJW horse shit!

Jealousy of her elite, once ever in human history boxing ability.

Back