I need to know the real reason Ronda is so hated.

Well, I've heard it argued that Hillary Clinton lost the election in part because of the 'internalized misogyny' women have. So perhaps the male members here are undergoing the same phenomenon. They very well could be jealous of the physique, success, manliness, etc. of the aforementioned male athletes. Just a theory. Or, most of them could have a perfectly legitimate/gender neutral reason for their 'hate'. Conor McGregor, Tim Kennedy, and TJ Dillashaw are three of the most mocked people in the sport. If either of them had been born a woman, we would probably hear 'misogyny' come up as an explanation for the hate -- even if the facts were identical.

What is your explanation for why the 'misogynistic' male fans have embraced Joanna, despite her having virtually the same personality as Ronda?

I used Joanna as an example, actually. Joanna is quite charming. However, the second she started trash talking there was plenty of blowback on here that is wildly disproportionate to what she actually says/does. Again, not liking someone for trash talking is normal -- there's plenty of people that don't enjoy that in the fighters they watch. But these criticisms get applied at a much higher, heavier, and more vitriolic rate when it's women doing the talking. I think that's a fair observation.

It is simple really. If a woman wants to make it to the UFC and her optimal weight is 135 pounds, then she should have to compete against 135 pound males. I guess you are just not progressive enough to understand that separating males and females by sex in sports is sexist. Males and Females competing against each other is true equality.

I'd like to see that at least once for no other reason than to see the white knight's concept of reality shattered in real time.

You're just repeating points you don't agree with for the explicit purpose of keeping women out of the UFC. I already addressed this. Do you actually believe men and women of equal skills in a vacuum are on equal footing? More equal footing than a few pound discrepency that we already separate men for, for weight? You don't believe that for a second, and neither does any rational person.

You're literally arguing in favor of fanatical feminism, which, judging by your posts, you certainly don't condone. Why make an argument with a point you yourself don't believe?

Some women have decent technique, but without the added speed and power of males it does not mean much. I'm not saying women should not be allowed to compete in MMA. I am just saying they should have their own promotion. Women do not belong in the same promotion as men and they certainly should not be headlining UFC PPVs.

Some women have decent technique, but without the added speed and power of males it does not mean much. I'm not saying women should not be allowed to compete in MMA. I am just saying they should have their own promotion. Women do not belong in the same promotion as men and they certainly should not be headlining UFC PPVs.

I'm sorry to harp on this, but I don't feel you have answered my question adequately.

What's the distinction, in your mind, between separating genders and separating weight? Why is the latter acceptable to you, but the former is not? Why does it make sense for the UFC to split men up by weight, but it's "special privilege" for women to be in the UFC separated by gender? I don't understand the logic when both gender and weight classes are introduced to achieve the same things, except gender is a much more significant and necessary separation mechanic than a few pounds.

I used Joanna as an example, actually. Joanna is quite charming. However, the second she started trash talking there was plenty of blowback on here that is wildly disproportionate to what she actually says/does. Again, not liking someone for trash talking is normal -- there's plenty of people that don't enjoy that in the fighters they watch. But these criticisms get applied at a much higher, heavier, and more vitriolic rate when it's women doing the talking. I think that's a fair observation.

Joanna has been trash-talking since the day she came into the public eye. It's not something she just started. She only started getting real criticism after TUF aired -- and for good reason. She was filmed outright bullying Claudia throughout the whole season. Despite her atrocious behavior on the show, she's still considered a more beloved figure than most other male fighters with cocky attitudes.

'get applied at a much...' You have no evidence of that. TJ Dillashaw is criticized to a higher degree than Joanna. So is Conor. Jon Jones is criticized to a higher degree than Joanna -- though you'll probably claim that has to do with race, so we can switch out Jon Jones for Conor McGregor. There is no female in the sport other than Ronda Rousey that is criticized more highly than the male fighters I've mentioned.

I dislike her because she hasn't earnt all the spoils she has gotten from MMA

It was all overhyper and smoke and mirrors

No substance

Compare that to some of the early pioneers of MMA who busted their butts for little financial reward

I'd like to see that at least once for no other reason than to see the white knight's concept of reality shattered in real time.

The problem is that we in the west rarely see the reality of what a man can physically do to a woman. Our society is indoctrinated with the delusion of "girl power" and skinny women physically and mentally dominating dumb males in movies and TV shows. The "women can anything a man can do" fantasy is destroying any common sense people once held about the sexes.

There are women who think they can take care of themselves physically after taking a few boxercise sessions and men who think women fighters can beat professional male fighters. Reality is going to hit our society hard one day.

did you just link to a Yu Gi Oh forum lol

Somebody posted that here awhile ago. It summed things up nicely so I bookmarked it for occasions such as this. I have no idea what "Yu Gi Oh" even is.

I'm sorry to harp on this, but I don't feel you have answered my question adequately.

What's the distinction, in your mind, between separating genders and separating weight? Why is the latter acceptable to you, but the former is not? Why does it make sense for the UFC to split men up by weight, but it's "special privilege" for women to be in the UFC separated by gender? I don't understand the logic when both gender and weight classes are introduced to achieve the same things, except gender is a much more significant and necessary separation mechanic than a few pounds.

The distinction is ability and skill. If a male bulks up or cuts weight, then he can still compete against other professional males. If a woman bulks up or cuts weight, she still lacks the ability to compete against even amateur fighters.

My point is simple: Women lack the physical abilities of Males in professional sports.

The problem is that we in the west rarely see the reality of what a man can physically do to a woman. Our society is indoctrinated with the delusion of "girl power" and skinny women physically and mentally dominating dumb males in movies and TV shows. The "women can anything a man can do" fantasy is destroying any common sense people once held about the sexes.

There are women who think they can take care of themselves physically after taking a few boxercise sessions and men who think women fighters can beat professional male fighters. Reality is going to hit our society hard one day.

Spice Girls was my favorite band growing up and I still see through the nonsense.

Joanna has been trash-talking since the day she came into the public eye. It's not something she just started. She only started getting real criticism after TUF aired -- and for good reason. She was filmed outright bullying Claudia throughout the whole season. Despite her atrocious behavior on the show, she's still considered a more beloved figure than most other male fighters with cocky attitudes.

'get applied at a much...' You have no evidence of that. TJ Dillashaw is criticized to a higher degree than Joanna. So is Conor. Jon Jones is criticized to a higher degree than Joanna -- though you'll probably claim that has to do with race, so we can switch out Jon Jones for Conor McGregor. There is no female in the sport other than Ronda Rousey that is criticized more highly than the male fighters I've mentioned.

You have to be careful with individual comparisons because there's a lot of things at play here, statistically. Jon Jones is a bigger name than Joanna. So is Conor. Dillashaw was criticized by perhaps the most popular guy in the sport in Conor. You can't compare end-rates you have to digest these things in proportions and understand their context. So, too, does Ronda receive a lot of blowback simply because she is wildly more popular than a lot of fighters. I wouldn't argue otherwise. I'm merely arguing proportionality here of criticism levied across the sexes. Joanna is a very charming and popular fighter. I do think the criticisms levied on her were disproportionate and eerily similar to the ones levied on Rousey early in her career (before Rousey's TUF debacle). We certainly don't have to agree on every example I use, either. Exceptions do exist and it's not required that everyone is treated under the same standards to recognize those standards exist and are applied separately at different rates.

Misogyny is a really interesting topic, to me, because everyone agrees it exists to some extent, but no one can ever seem to agree it exists right in front of them unless it's bluntly stated by the offender. It's like this magical unicorn that only exists when we're not looking.

To your question about evidence: Obviously, we're dealing in observations here. A proper analysis of MMA communities and levied criticisms among genders would be really interesting to see. Certainly, I don't have that. I'm only dealing in my own observations. Those are of course skewed by my own experiences and things I've witnessed on here and other communities.

-Once ever athlete
-Could beat 50% of male bantamweights on the roster
-Mythical creature
-It's like watching Ali
-Would beat Mayweather
-She's an incredible historical figure

If that's not overrating someone, then I don't know what is.
I guess yes all that is very overated, I just ment as a female fighter she was very legit

The distinction is ability and skill. If a male bulks up or cuts weight, then he can still compete against other professional males. If a woman bulks up or cuts weight, she still lacks the ability to compete against even amateur fighters.

My point is simple: Women lack the physical abilities of Males in professional sports.

Again, I feel like we're just going in a circle here. I'm just not computing what it is you're trying to say in the context of the question I asked you.

Saying women lack the physical abilities of males in professional sports, in a vacuum, is a non-starter argument because you can't compare the two any more than you can complain that Demetrious Johnson lacks the physical abilities of Brock Lesnar. Certainly, you could say the same in reverse as well, because that's a very broad term. But if you accept the concept of weight classes, I ask again, why do you not for gender? And if you do accept it for gender, why should the women be kicked out and not, say, everything under heavyweight for the same principle?

Certainly by and large there is a skill gap between male and female fighters in MMA. Certainly there is a physical distinction between the two also. The former is correctable with time and job opportunities (ie: UFC), the latter poses no more different an obstacle than weight divisions already do.

I like Ronda. But so many people hate her so there must be a good reason.

I saw Trump celebrated her loss to Holm which surprised me.

Without being fucking trolls. Give me the straight facts on what she did to be hated by so many.

I'm obviously missing something.

Somebody get this guy a walking stick, because he is fuck'n blind as a bat!

Back