I need to know the real reason Ronda is so hated.

Someone post that "Don't Cry" gif

that should sum it up

She just comes off as a bitchy, spoiled cunt. I can imagine her conversations with Travis, about how they are the only two people in the world that have a clue and everyone else is an idiot.

Ronda-Rousey-Refuses-Miesha-Tates-Handshake.jpg

Misogyny.

Women are supposed to be sweet, self deprecating, meek, mild etc.

Ronda is brash, outspoken, "bitchy" etc.

She doesn't practice the socially preferred/prescribed femininity and people hate her for it.

Pretty simple really.

Amazing how many people get triggered when you openly talk about real world problems.

Good point.
JJ has charm. You need that if you're gonna play the heel. Ronda doesn't have any of that.
She also comes across confident and in control of her bitchyness. Ronda comes across reactive and insecure. Makes a huge difference as far as how people receive you.

Yep. Charm is a huge part of it. It's like the difference between The Rock and (insert a wrestling heel that everyone detests). The Rock was an asshole, but people loved every bit of it. It was his charm. I think the accent is a big part of the charm. Her accent can turn an otherwise meanspirited/offputting statement into something cute and endearing.

She was nasty when she was winning and shitty in loss.

Sore winner and sore loser

All around terrible person with no humility and then wants everyone to feel bad for her.

Amazing how many people get triggered when you openly talk about real world problems.

AIDS is a real world problem. It still has no relevance to Ronda. Neither does 'misogyny'. It's as idiotic as blaming the Tim Kennedy hate on 'misandry' or his whiteness.

If you have to ask then you're part of the problem.

Or

1. You're very young.
2. You're lacking intellect
3. You watch WWE
4. You live in a trailer

- The hype and Ronda-centric promotion.

- The whole 'Ronda Rousey show' narrative that Dana started.

- The fanboys.

- The 'bitchy' behavior she demonstrated towards Paige, Arianny Celeste, Kim Kardashian, etc.

- The talk about her being able to beat male MMA fighters and boxers.

I stopped 'hating' her a long time ago, but those are the main explanations.

Call it sexist, but i do not feel a woman, should be the biggest star in a male dominated combat sport...Luckily she isn't, since conor came along....The ronda can beat mayweather banter. As told by Dana and joe....ronda can beat lower ranked ufc men fighters in her weight class, as said by joe rogan....Her hype was beyond crazy...She cannot beat any man. lower ranked or not...

Never hated her but I did not like the way she acted after the Holm fight. You got knocked out and humiliated I know but guess what? You are still a professional fighter and can get back in the octagon and get your belt back from Holly. Crying on Ellen (i'm not making fun of her suicidal thoughts), hiding behind a purple pillow, and her embarrassing behavior at the UFC 196 weigh in, just made it that much easier for people to root against her. Not to mention her not showing up to do media and press conference's for 207, which is a big part of promoting a fight.

The woman has done so much for women's MMA and was quite dominant in her reign. Can't take that away from her. She let the media hype distract her and get to her head. Honda can beat Floyd Mayweather and some UFC male bantamweights?! Come on now.

Misogyny.

Women are supposed to be sweet, self deprecating, meek, mild etc.

Ronda is brash, outspoken, "bitchy" etc.

She doesn't practice the socially preferred/prescribed femininity and people hate her for it.

Pretty simple really.
giphy.gif

I like Ronda. But so many people hate her so there must be a good reason.

I saw Trump celebrated her loss to Holm which surprised me.

Without being fucking trolls. Give me the straight facts on what she did to be hated by so many.

I'm obviously missing something.
I don't hate ronda but when she beat Meisha a second time and wouldn't shake her hand post fight it really irked me for some reason and also the way she acted towards holly who is pretty humble . I understand being a competiter but the way she handles losing is very classless . But she is an all time great and I respect that

AIDS is a real world problem. It still has no relevance to Ronda. Neither does 'misogyny'.

There's certainly fair criticisms of Ronda that rustle people's jimmies. But, misogyny is a thing and it only grew as Rousey became more of a feminist talking point. There's plenty of completely drooling criticisms of Ronda that are rooted in her being a woman that doesn't sit in a corner and smile for you on cue.

- Obsessive infatuation with her weight and (un)attractiveness as a gauge of her value
- Absurd criticisms of her "mean mugging" in staredowns (lol?)
- Being a woman that dares think she could beat a bigger man against terrible odds -- would a man receive nearly as much heat for this? Conor says essentially the same thing, granted with more tact, and receives far less vitriolic blowback for it.
- Being a woman in general with a "bad attitude." People get triggered beyond belief when a woman has a bad attitude, or has influence when speaking up on issues they disagree with. Did you see how quickly the blowback started on Joanna the second she started doing any kind of trash talking whatsoever? Way, way, way out of proportion. That doesn't mean you can't dislike people for trash talking. It means you should be able to observe how absurdly unbalanced these criticisms are levied among male and female fighters.

We can go on and on, and we could certainly argue the merits of some of these points, as it's possible to come to these same criticisms for different reasons. It doesn't mean if you accept any of these criticisms you are misogynistic. But, there is a very noticeable subset of this community and plenty of others that respond that way for that very reason. No one *thinks* they're misogynistic, just like few people *think* they're racist. Bias tends to work like that. It often requires others to point it out.

Last edited:
There's certainly fair criticisms of Ronda that rustle people's jimmies. But, misogyny is a thing and it only grew as Rousey became more of a feminist talking point. There's plenty of completely drooling criticisms of Ronda that are rooted in her being a woman that doesn't sit in a corner and smile for you on cue.

Misandry is a thing. That doesn't mean Tim Kennedy, TJ Dillashaw, Cody Garbrandt, and every other male fighter that gets constantly shat on has the luxury of using it as an excuse. The hate of Ronda Rousey grew as her arrogance and nasty comments became more frequent and ubiquitous in the media. It's sad that people are forced to appeal to gender, race, and religion to defend indefensible people/actions.

Last edited:
Call it sexist, but i do not feel a woman, should be the biggest star in a male dominated combat sport...Luckily she isn't, since conor came along....The ronda can beat mayweather banter. As told by Dana and joe....ronda can beat lower ranked ufc men fighters in her weight class, as said by joe rogan....Her hype was beyond crazy...She cannot beat any man. lower ranked or not...
giphy.gif

The UFC's ridiculous, over-the-top hyperbole in promoting Ronda and her arrogant, childish, spoiled brat attitude made it only too easy to hate her. Ronda's constant pouting and mean mugging was also disgusting.

Yeah this really sealed it for me. What an unsportsman like bitch. Even Tyson with all his prefight vile trash talk always shook hands with his opponents. And if he KO'ed them he would even help them up.

It's because of how overrated she was, how much they were trying to shove her down our throats, and how big of a twat she is
Ronda was never overated she was leaps and bounds above the division for years 9 first round finishes in under 1 minute . But the gap has closed

I can beat the entire division with one arm tied behind my back. I will destroy Mayweather and beat Cain under the right circumstances. Her bizarre bitch fit she threw at the weigh-ins with Holly. Her refusal to shake hands with Miesha after her win. Her don't cry bitch statement to Bethe. The statement that she ko's pro boxers. She is a once ever fighter. She can beat half of the men's BW division. Her fans claiming she would own MM.

I completely agree. I'll take it a step further and say that the women's division should be moved to Invicta FC and replaced by more skillful and capable males. If women want to compete in the UFC, then they should have to earn their way there by fighting men. The special treatment of women has gone too far.

Back