i need some serious help

sethvictor08

White Belt
Reaction score
ok yesterday after school my best friend who isnt exactly the most athletic in shape or even though guy around (im in the tenth grade) an he got in a argument with a guy in my grade who does like the profesional wrestling small shows all over with his dad an the guy that he got into it with said come to my house an box me after school an we will c so him an i went down thier an my friend got his self put thru the ground big time an then he goes u wanna go an i said ok (i wrestle an have a fairly stron backround in karate an as of late ihave been doing the bas rutten workout) an iv been in plenty of fights with no gloves an have owned the ppl i went up agnst but with him i had these huge gloves on an couldnt keep my hands up couldnt land anything an we just kinda went 2 a draw but i plan on calling him out again any advice on how 2 train gfor this thanks

try taking some classes...and cardio cardio cardio...in a brawl with big gloves, the guy with the better cardio will win

Whoa, hold on a second... You got into tenth grade without using any punctuation at all and not proof reading your writing.

Seriously I had to read your post about 10 times to understand you. The only advice I could think of is to try doing the Bas Rutten workouts with the big gloves on. And yeah, like Jayyon said, get to some classes and learn to fight and not to brawl.

AgentZ said:
Whoa, hold on a second... You got into tenth grade without using any punctuation at all and not proof reading your writing.

Seriously I had to read your post about 10 times to understand you. The only advice I've got for you is to stop writing like a 3rd grader it is hard on the readers eyes and causes irritation to the reader.

I fixed your post.

AgentZ said:

Shouldn't there be a question mark at the end of that sentence? :wink:

Just kidding, AgentZ...I agree completely. I have to read it 3 or 4 times to figure out what the hell was going on.

Sounds like you have a common problem...two, actually:

1) You drop yours hands
2) You can't punch

Not much "advice" I can give you. If you still train karate, and you lack good hand strikes and tend to drop your guard, then you're making rookie mistakes that your instructor needs to clear up but is not.

If you don't train...sorry, there's no magic bullet I can give you in an Internet messageboard. You need to work on your punching...consider a boxing gym. I'm unaware of a single fighting system that has boxing beat for developing hand striking.

If you no longer train at all and need to rely on previous training: next time you get in a fight, wrestle the guy; if your ground game is good, then you want to take the fight to the ground and put your opponent into your element ASAP. Or kick...you can use kicks to setup shoots and teakedowns. IN any case, go with what your know and do best. If you can't box, don't be foolish enough to trade punches.

Though now that I think of it: a suburban pit fight in mom and dads' basement is hardly the evironment to form your fighting. Start training again at a decent school if you feel you need to improve fighting.

And learn to write coherent sentences.

whats the point of doing this again?

That was the single most annoying post I've ever read, it's compelled me not to give you any advice.

You see this is why I hate playing English teacher and correcting peoples grammer and spelling. Because whenever I do, I always make a stupid mistake myself...

leave him alone he's only in the tenth grade. he needs to just learn dim mak and he will be aight.....

Back