I need help for a choice of gym.

tonyazilla123

White Belt
Reaction score
Im new to this forum and i dont know if i put thie thread in the right place but i need help on choosing a gym in the NYC. Im 16 years old and I want to pursue mma as proffesional in the future. I was training at a place near my house in bjj 2 days a week and sambo 2 days a week. But based on changes of the gym i couldnt take bjj any more so i decided two days of training was not enough. From what i heard the best places to train are in the city anyway but im confused on what to pick. Sambo looks great to me so checked out Nycombatsambo and i was impressed with it the only thing kind of questioning myself is the standup training there. Ive been wanting to do Muay thai especially because im a taller and lean type guy and it looked like a fit martial art for me. My number one pick for that was The Wat but i realized it has no grappling where i have struggled alot in even though The Wat's stand up is amazing. Then my other choices are Fivepoints academy because it teaches Muaythai and it has Judo. From what i heard their muay thai is not on the same level as the Wat but they also have grapling which helps me more for mma. And then my last choice was Evolution Muay thai becaue the prices were great, i heard Brandon Levi is a great teacher and they have bjj. The only down part i heard about them was the lack of competitors and how not alot people get to go compete when training their. Im so confused on what to pick can you please help. So the choices are Ny combatSambo, The wat, Five points academy or Evolution Muaythai. Please leave detailed explanations why and if you have any other suggestions that'll be great also. Im sorry if i posted in wrong part of forum i wasnt sure where to put it

But what about the grappling. My main objective is MMA and grappling is a main part. You still say i should train at The Wat. I understand if my main objective is K1 then it will b The Wat. But i wanna do MMA or do you think should still train at The Wat.And im sorry if it was posted already i checked the other threads but i was curious what place to pick from the selections i have made and my specific goals.

Last edited:
Back