I need feedback

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by King Creatine, Sep 14, 2010.

1. King Creatine

King Creatine Purple Belt

I'm trying to create a 2 day/week routine designed to at least maintain my strength level, and that I'd be motivated to do. I've read the Sticky's, but need advice on my improvised 2 day split.

Week 1
    Day 1: Deads 4X5, and (Bench, SOHP, Dips, Triceps ext., Incline Crunch) all 3X8
    Day 2: Deads 3X12 and (Pull Ups, BOR, Curlz, Back Extension) all 3X8

Week 2: Everything the same as week 1 except substitute Deads for Squats.

I know it's not ideal, but is it acceptable?

Also, I have curls and triceps ext. on there because I just like doing them, dammit! :icon_chee

2. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

Why not just do the 2 day split from the FAQ. Reps/sets/intensity could be 5x5, 3x5, or using numbers from the 5/3/1. Or the 2 day John Christy 5/3/1. You can do some curls and tricep extensions at the end if you like.

3. southpawdude

southpawdude White Belt

I took the 2 day split in the FAQ and made a slight modification. Set/rep is 5X5 and adding 5lbs. to each lift per week. Here is mine:

Tues- Squat, bench, Pendlay row, Assistance (currently high-pulls)

Sat.- Deadlift, SOHP, Pull-up, Assistance (starting this week, overhead squat)

I usually do some type of core work at the end but you could add your curls and tric. extensions instead.

Take it for what it's worth.