i need expert opinions on these products ^_^

For those guys who don't already have creatine, glutamine, or alpha lipoic acid, that Smart Gainer looks like a friendly buy.

Bulk Nutrition is impeccable. Hell, Sudo, they publish 3rd party lab results on the same page as every one of their products.

hey, i noticed it says "creatine malate" as opposed to the standard monohydrate or ethyl ester.. is malate any good? :D

3rd party testing is a practice in which I do believe in.

I don't know if creatine with a malic acid attachment is better than monohydrate.
I assume it's decent.

supersudo said:
hey, i noticed it says "creatine malate" as opposed to the standard monohydrate or ethyl ester.. is malate any good? :D

Tricreatine malate is formed from creatine monohydrate and malic acid. As far as I know all this does is combine three creatine molecules and glue them with the malic acid.

As for its efficacy, I couldn't say, as far as I know all studies with creatine are still just plain monohydrate studies. Scientists could care less what sells.

But I did find this at a website selling creatine that actually very well annotated with its claims:
Malic acid is involved in the Krebs energy cycle as an intermediate substance, and helps to provide energy to the body. When malic acid and creatine monohydrate form the compound Tri-creatine malate, the resulting product is more water-soluble than regular creatine monohydrate, eliminates the possibility of gastric disruption, and is more efficient at efficaciously impacting the ATP cycle. Furthermore, Tri-creatine malate is believed to offer greater bioavailability over regular creatine monohydrate.

In principle it sounds good. At least I can't think of a reason why the malic acid bond would inhibit the effectiveness of the monohydrate molecules themselves.

I'm going to have to give that Smart Gainer stuff a try. I've been searching for the best stuff for me, price-wise as well as contant, and it seems to have a lot of the stuff that I use in one package for a pretty decent price. Thanks for pointing me to it.

update on the smart gainer...

strawberry banana smart gainer is the best testing powder i've ever tasted...:icon_chee

Back