I need all your help with the 'USADA Era' Thread

Yep. The eye test is what i was speaking of when i said this will only cause hate towards fighters who dont deserve it.

Hello, sorry maybe my naievity was to think this could be dealt with as an informative reference point without hate, no one wants hate, however threads are created constantly showing comparison pictures and speculation of how someone is going to look.

I have seen side by side threads of Overeeem and JDS before and after pics and just today a thread for RDA looking soft - if all of this is allowed then so is putting these phyiscal change observations in a list, in one place?

Hello, sorry maybe my naievity was to think this could be dealt with as an informative reference point without hate, no one wants hate, however threads are created constantly showing comparison pictures and speculation of how someone is going to look.

I have seen side by side threads of Overeeem and JDS before and after pics and just today a thread for RDA looking soft - if all of this is allowed then so is putting these phyiscal change observations in a list, in one place?
Im not trying to destroy the premise of your thread bro. But for it to be a valid informative thread it needs facts not opinions of sherdogers. The eye test is a opinion based factor that can absolutely ruin the validity of what your trying to accomplish. Its just advise.

Is it wrong to assume most cheated pre-usada, and we are now seeing the clean version? I'm glad young fighters won't feel the need to juice/blood dope to compete. Those who continue to use will be found out and lose their income for 2 years at minimum.

I think it is realistic to see changes, but that can be attributed to so many factors. No iv seems to be the harsh one for big weight cuts. Guys are changing body types that worked before but aren't working now to make weight. Plus just normal aging of fighters. I would like more weight classes to go with IV bans. Every 10 lbs starting at 135. 170-185 is huge and so is 185-205. Shit make that 185/195/205 and I think you would see more super fights. Plus guys fight closer to their weight. Hell you could add a cruiserweight at 206-225, and then have your heavyweight above that.

Im not trying to destroy the premise of your thread bro. But for it to be a valid informative thread it needs facts not opinions of sherdogers. The eye test is a opinion based factor that can absolutely ruin the validity of what your trying to accomplish. Its just advise.

Yeah I wanted facts for the test failures and 'accepted opionion' in terms of performance and appearance hence trying to create some sort of vote system where there is agreement there is a signifigant visual or performance change but only when the majority agree with this

Again Im sorry if this is out of bounds, I was trying something useful but please delete if necessary it wasnt my intention to cause controversy just a gathering of data

Thanks all for your constructive input and apologies again

Very noticeable difference in his appearance from the Mousasi to the Rockhold fight.

The difference is ridiculous. Machida is like 7% body fat ripped against Moose. He was also on fire in that fight. Very suspicious to me, but hey what do I know? Also check out Rashad in his rematch with Tito.

Is it wrong to assume most cheated pre-usada, and we are now seeing the clean version? I'm glad young fighters won't feel the need to juice/blood dope to compete. Those who continue to use will be found out and lose their income for 2 years at minimum.

I think it is realistic to see changes, but that can be attributed to so many factors. No iv seems to be the harsh one for big weight cuts. Guys are changing body types that worked before but aren't working now to make weight. Plus just normal aging of fighters. I would like more weight classes to go with IV bans. Every 10 lbs starting at 135. 170-185 is huge and so is 185-205. Shit make that 185/195/205 and I think you would see more super fights. Plus guys fight closer to their weight. Hell you could add a cruiserweight at 206-225, and then have your heavyweight above that.

Your right it is wrong to assume - that is why we are not going to assume any thing - we are not going to add 2 + 2 and get 5.

We stay well clear of accusations and using the last 12 months as a time line which we will call 'The USADA Era' since UFC outsourced a contract for drug testing - not saying drugs or anything other influenced the changes, just in that particular period of time what changes have occured with fighters.

Be smart about this guys, no one need point a finger. No one needs to say fighter X did steroids. No. But you are allowed to say, in 2014 fighter X was known for his cardio but in 2015 fighter X was a 1 round fighter blowing out his ass

In 2014 fighter Y was a greek adonis - in 2015 fighter Y has a dad bod

Stick to observations without conclusions and you are fine - I do not advocate any suggestions or accusations or steroid use whatsoever in this thread in fact I would suggest not referencing steroid use at all in relation any fighter - simply the observable changes in physique and performance and whether other members agree with your observation

Simple and fair

Your right it is wrong to assume - that is why we are not going to assume any thing - we are not going to add 2 + 2 and get 5.

We stay well clear of accusations and using the last 12 months as a time line which we will call 'The USADA Era' since UFC outsourced a contract for drug testing - not saying drugs or anything other influenced the changes, just in that particular period of time what changes have occured with fighters.

Be smart about this guys, no one need point a finger. No one needs to say fighter X did steroids. No. But you are allowed to say, in 2014 fighter X was known for his cardio but in 2015 fighter X was a 1 round fighter blowing out his ass

In 2014 fighter Y was a greek adonis - in 2015 fighter Y has a dad bod

Stick to observations without conclusions and you are fine - I do not advocate any suggestions or accusations or steroid use whatsoever in this thread in fact I would suggest not referencing steroid use at all in relation any fighter - simply the observable changes in physique and performance and whether other members agree with your observation

Simple and fair
Ok fair enough. I won't assume, but l will say that no fighter's positive test would surprise me. It doesn't diminish their accomplishments imo. I view it differently knowing what I know now.

Back