I need advice... :-(((((((((((((((((((((((

BrittyHMS

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was on here once before asking for diet advice, and I think that I've finally succeeded in reaching my goal. . . I'm 5'2" and about 99/100 pounds (that's not as skinny as it sounds because it's mostly fat, which weighs less than muscle)! lol Anyway, I had a bit of a medical problem, and I was in so much pain for the last three days that I didn't care WHAT I ate, and totally pigged out on everything imaginable. I *was* doing the Atkins diet, and I planned to stick with it because even at 10-20 carbs per day, I was just *maintaining* (I had to drop down to nearly only 3-5 carbs per day to actually LOSE weight). Now, my question is, have these past 3 days completely screwed me up, or will I be okay as long as I go back to normal tomorrow? My stomach is completely bloated, I think I'm just imagining it, but I feel like I have a double chin (haha), and I feel so fat that I seem PREGNANT if you can believe that! I only weigh 103, so I know that I couldn't have done too much damage, but are there any other tips that will get me back into the swing of things faster? Oh, and exercise is out of the question right now for reasons relating to the "medical problem."

Thanks in advance!
:D

supersudo said:
yeh, why are u still on it? :rolleyes:

So that I don't gain back the 10 pounds that took me over 4 months to lose! haha I don't want to have huge hips and chest any more. :redface:

I have always regulated my calorie intake based on my activity level. If I'm working out (I usaully am) I eat more. If I'm sitting on my ass due to injury or some other terrible tragedy, I eat less. Bouts of depression (due to illness or otherwise) will definitly sabotage your diet (by diet I mean the things you choose to put into your body, not diet as in fad atkins/south beach). I'm sure you've heard it before, but "diets" as you are using the word, do not work. You need to change your lifesyle and adapt healthier eating habits if you want long term success. I'm not going to spell out a diet plan for you because they're in the stickies.

My advice:
1) Eat right and take it easy until you "medical condition" is a non issue.
2) Start an exercising plan
3) Continue to educate yourself on nutrition and exercise....forever

BrittyHMS said:
So that I don't gain back the 10 pounds that took me over 4 months to lose! haha I don't want to have huge hips and chest any more. :redface:

Healthy eating and exercise will help you loose more than that and you'll actually be able to keep it off. I'm assuming you're of European decent based on your name....lay off the fish and chips!

not to sound like a dick but this lady is more or less a lost cause,

as we said before, get off atkins, work towards healthy weight loss. Clearly you didn't listen so why would any other advice matter cause odds are you wont take it.

South Beach > Fatkins.

Bizz said:

as we said before, get off atkins, work towards healthy weight loss. Clearly you didn't listen so why would any other advice matter cause odds are you wont take it.

youre not being ery nice mister!! haha

bacon said:
Healthy eating and exercise will help you loose more than that and you'll actually be able to keep it off. I'm assuming you're of European decent based on your name....lay off the fish and chips!

LOL! I'm actually *not* European... I'm 1/2 Italian, but I was born and raised in the U.S. haha I'm allergic to fish and chips make me sick!

BrittyHMS said:
LOL! I'm actually *not* European... I'm 1/2 Italian, but I was born and raised in the U.S. haha I'm allergic to fish and chips make me sick!

Well then, you're half way there!

shesgotafatty said:
youre not being ery nice mister!! haha

Is that fucking pink?

WTF?

Girls???

WTF?

Confusion.

I'm going to the waterfall.

Chad. Please don't tell me you're AGAINST girls (moreover good looking ones) posting around here. Come now. This requires no deliberation beneath the waterfall.

I suppose we could use some estrogen in here.

As long as they don't dress up their posts with all those faces and faces made from punctuation marks. We see enough of that from Sudo. (Giving you a hard time Sudo.)

Welcome ladies.

Wait a second...do they fight?
They'd better at least train.

Bizz said:

Oh the contrary! I did listen, and I gained 5 pounds! Atkins is the only thing that works for me apparently, and much to my dismay.

Chad Hamilton said:
I suppose we could use some estrogen in here.

As long as they don't dress up their posts with all those faces and faces made from punctuation marks. We see enough of that from Sudo. (Giving you a hard time Sudo.)

Welcome ladies.

Wait a second...do they fight?
They'd better at least train.

Thank you! No, I do not fight, and no, I do not train, but I'm in shape if that counts for anything. Does it really matter to guys what a girl does to look good, just as long as she does look in shape? LOL I never thought that it did...

I didn't ask what you looked like.

"In shape" depends on your perception.

What brings you here?
I need some answers.

Oh the contrary! I did listen, and I gained 5 pounds! Atkins is the only thing that works for me apparently, and much to my dismay.

Britty, if you listened to the advice in here we gave you before and put on some wieght it might have actually been muscle weight. This is typical of people trying to lose fat. You're already pretty small even if it is soft. So it may take a little bit of time for the weight to shift. By increasing protein intake, lessening simple carb, and lessening bad fat intake, your muscles may have begun being properly fed. This also happens to people when they first start working out. They begin training and get discouraged because they actually gain some weight. It's called muscle-tone.

However, everyone in here is basically right. Atkins sucks. Long-term it's just a terrible idea. Substituting increased fat intake for carbs, and depleting carbs is just not smart. You'd be better off with the South Beach diet if your body responds to carb-restriction better because South Beach emphasis better intake of complex carbs, and no increase in fats.

But I wouldn't be alarmed at a slight gain in weight. You're FAR from overweight for your height. Being healthy should be your primary concern.

Ok, here's my advice.

Buy some greens.
Buy some fiber.

This is a good place to start.

I will assume you know the importance of a properly functioning digestive system and the effects it has on metabolic function.
If you need to know more there are a handful of threads on the topic.

Chad you were the kind of kid who pushed down the girl in the sandbox that you had a crush on weren't you?

lol

Back