I need advice on cutting weight same day for mma fight

heeme

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok I'm going into my third mma fight. This is my first time fighting in PA and my first time weighing in day of instead of day before. I literally just found out by the commission. Today is Thursday and fight is next Saturday (9 days). My fight is at lightweight 155. I've been walking around at 172-175 eating crap before dieting for this fight. My weight now since I've been on a clean diet is between 164-166 and I'm SLOWLY dropping more each day. Ideally I would like to be at 160 by Sunday but that likely won't happen. My last fight was at 150 (3 months ago) but it was day before weigh ins. Any advice on refueling after weigh ins???? I'm weighing in 10am and fights start at 7pm. Is this bad cut for same day weigh ins because I don't want to feel like crap come fighttime

If I understand correctly you expect to be 160 lbs and needing to cut 5 lbs for your weigh in weight of 155lbs? Also is there a 1 lb allowance as I assume it is not a title fight? Make sure you find that out as 1 lb is a lot to not have to cut. If you only have 4 - 5 lbs of water weight to cut you shouldn't have any problem. Get yourself some Epsom salts and rubbing alcohol to cut some water weight. Google it and you will find some good info. Good Luck

I would also get yourself some Pedialyte for re hydrating.

don't do it. i would call the promoter and request a catchweight at 160.

Back