I need a new Gi, any recommendations?

W

wegottaknow

Tore my old one up a little bit, it's still good, but I'd like to have a nice one for comps and also just so I don't have to do wash every day. Any recommendations? I heard Koral, Adidas, and Gameness are good, shout out if you got an opinion either way. Thanks.

JP

Lutador Americano. I just got this Gi today actualy. It fits very nice, very light, and the pants as well. They have a draw string that is easier to tie/untie and they come preshrunk so there is no shrinking during wash. 110$ Comparable to the gameness. Best pants with this gi imop.
www.mkimonos.com

Atama. A good gi for a good price, they fit nicely but shrink a good amount when washed.. Which is nice to get your sizing right. The pants could use some work but other then that this is my second favorite gi. 60-120$
www.atamakimonos.com

everything else (if you go here i would get the gameness) Or if you can spend $ go mizuno.
www.ssfgear.com

cool, yeah i actually heard atama are pretty decent, their rashguards look sweet too. thanks man.

I will also highly recommend Atama. Their Gis are very good for the price. If you like a heavier weight, the Gold Weave is an excellent model. They also have tons of patches and such on their site if you want to style it up like that.
Plus, their customer service is among the best in the business.

I'll put in my recommendations in as well.

SiriusAthleticWear.com for $75 gi's that are comparable to Gameness gi's in fit and quality. Great if you have a medium to light build.

Koral gi's at jiujitsuprogear.com if you want something light, looks good, and fit great if you are a little on the thick side (like me!)

Lutador Americano (www.mkimonos.com) gi's have an awesome hybrid weave and are really well made. Like the Gameness and Sirius gi's, they have a snug fit.

My $50 HCK gi is nice. The natural tan color gets looks too.

bob is right HCK is the best buy out there. Gameness is a great gi as is Koral and Mizuno.

www.SSFgear.com

b0b said:
My $50 HCK gi is nice. The natural tan color gets looks too.

I have a tan HCK gi as well. It has been good to me thus far.

Koral... best gi Ive ever used.. fits great, no need to shrink.. feels great while training.. plus they've got great colors too.

I really like the cut of the Koral but it find that the gi is to easy to grip and use for lapel chokes. I like the thickness of the HCK and Gameness lapels better. The Mizuno's lapel is as thin as the Koral but it is harder to grip because it is stiffer and it's a closer/snugger fit so its hard to grab and wrap around you head. The cut of the Koral is great though.

www.SSFgear.com

Na Guarda Kimonos

Na Guarda Gis are ideal for you. You are serious about training and competing, and you demand quality and performance. Na Guarda Gis are pre-shrunk and made in single (Na Guarda Evolution), double (Na Guarda Competition Gi) and golden weaves (Na Guarda Supreme Gi).

Thank you,

Alex
www.naguardakimonos.com - 100% Jiu-Jitsu

I love my mizuno euro-comp gi. Tighter fit, which I prefer and a stiff collar that all the guys in my dojo complain about. It's heavy, though, so if you like the light feel I can't recommend it.

Back