I need a bjj gi/kimono...what are the top 5 brands i should be looking at?

Williestubz2010

White Belt
Reaction score
what are your thoughts...im 161 and close to 6 feet...ive been checking out, isami, shoyoroll and atama...wht are your top 5 and why?...wht should i be looking for?

Depends on what fits your body best. But most people around here prefer :

Shoyoroll
Atama
Koral
OTM
Vulkan
Keiko

Just to name a few. Those are listed in no particular order though.

Had the following gi

Koral - pretty dependable & durable gi. Can't go wrong with it.
Breakpoint - Got this recently, great gi..comes with extra training pants. Very nice fit. Love it so far.
Keiko - Notorious for shrinkage. Durability is so-so.
Gameness - Slightly in the same league with Keiko in terms of durability.

Seems like different gis are for different body types. I know some are cut to fit a lanky dude like you and others would be better suiting to a stockier build. However, I don't recall which brands fit which...

YouTube - Keiko Raca Kimono Review Part 1!

In this video they mention that the Keiko Raca gis are cut a little bit more towards taller and leaner guys.

Depending on how much you want to spend, I'd say take a look at Koral, Keiko, Vulkan, Gameness, Atama.

I just got a Gameness platinum, that gi is SWEET. My buddy has a Koral and he says its his favorite gi (he has a Keiko as a backup, but he's a bit stockier so I don't think he likes it that much). Ideally you could go to a store like budovideos or jiujitsuprogear to try on some gis. Short of that you can send budo or JJPG an email asking about sizing. But you said you're 6'0 and 161, the Keiko sounds like it might be cut more for your body type than a Koral or a Gameness. Isami gis seem really expensive compared to some other options out there.

I have a padilla and sons, I love it, but its hot. I've heard Keiko Raca is a good choice for tall and thin. Vulkan, Breakpoint, & Atama have gotten good reviews.

I'm 6'1 and 170. My favorite gis so far are my Atama Mundial #5 (great fit although a little wide at first) and my Sirius Gold Weave (great gi all around, although sleeves keep shrinking). For guys with your build, Shoyoroll and Vulkan have been consistently reviewed well.

Back