I miss when Anderson and GSP were the MW/WW champs respectively

The athletes now are also better and fighting better competition.

Imagine GSP or Silva fighting fighters like Gus, Rashad, Machida, Tex or Cormier, do you really think they would be champions.

Are you kidding? They are 205 for one and for 2 GSP and Silva were truly p4p greats, although Silva lacked the wrestling aspects they were complete fighters. GSP would beat anyone in his prime and likely so would Silva, nothing will change that fact. Stop acting like fighters are a new breed when you can't really become more complete then they were.

i thought i was the only one. i loved it so much.
i dont even know if youre being sarcastic because all my friends made fun of me for loving it so much. lol
it was good stuff.

Nope, I genuinely miss it. I would pay good money to have some again (fresh made, of course).

what? WW division is awesome now!!!

hendricks
lawler
Lombard
rory
tyron
condit (when he comes back)
kim
maia
brown

I feel you can do so many awesome fights with that list.
I'm sure I forgot some but its a stacked division.

What?

Man I am a Silva fan but come on.

Well for GSP that is true he was not really beaten he won that fight with Hendrix.

But you can't say Silva was never truly beaten and was just unlucky.

I do agree that It was an awesome era and that their careers could have ended better.

I'm not even a Silva fan but the way he went out was bs The first one was his own fault, but man he all but knocked himself out... I bet a lot of his previous opponents were thinking "fuck, why couldn't he do that against me". No point in even talking about the second fight, it was a freak accident that happens once in a thousand fights.

I do agree. The GSP/Silva era with just a hint of the Jones era.

We'll have another season soon enough with new stars. We're just in transition right now.

Golden years of UFC in my opinion.

Everyone couldn't wait to see either of them lose to someone, also the big superfight that was talked about by everyone was GSP v Anderson.. oh god that would've been something. The way they went out is a huge travesty.

I would always buy a PPV with GSP or Anderson on it. Say what you will about GSP but he was dominant in every performance.. you were always interested in how someone like condit or jake shields or nick diaz could solve the GSP puzzle and no one could ever do it. Except maybe hendricks but that fight was..weird.

Anderson the same thing, he fought like he was on another planet. The way he went out was a lucky punch by weidman and anderson had his head so far up his ass because of how no one ever matched him that he took weidman way too lightly..

then the rematch happened and anderson broke his leg. fucking hell.

I hear what you're saying, TS. There's no shame in that, don't let the Sherdog tuff guyz get to you!

No. Things are way more interesting now.

Weidman and Hendricks are awesome and they won the belt recently. So everything can happen.

When you know a fighter is always going to win... well, that's boring.

I miss Crystal Pepsi. There, I said it.

Jesus.

tumblr_mpy0ntjeZx1qzzkgso1_500.jpg

This was probably the peak IMO. You can replace Brock with Fedor of course too...you have different nationalities, styles, ethnicities, backgrounds, personalities...and all of them had aura.

I miss Fedor.

It's over, get used to it. Keep your memories close to your heart as to not forget how great they were, but allow yourself to grow with the sport. The athletes are different now.

nOICE!

Bj Penn, GSP, Silva. Probably the 3 greatest champs in UFC history.

Yes that probably could be called the golden age. But i've been saying for a while UFC is in a transition phase, it will get just as exciting again. I mean, look at what dillishaw just did.

BJ over Chuck....Not buying that

tumblr_mpy0ntjeZx1qzzkgso1_500.jpg

This was probably the peak IMO. You can replace Brock with Fedor of course too...you have different nationalities, styles, ethnicities, backgrounds, personalities...and all of them had aura.

very cool

Back