I miss the SRN

jumasterflex

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I miss the sherdog radio network or at least what it was I dont know if it's still going as the tj DeSantis show now . But it was better then tv back in the days with Sherwood savage breen and Jack. Also a bummer that there's no archive of the old episodes anymore . Yeah tj Is making it big time tho working commentary for Invicta. Working for ufc and ESPN. Still has his Bruce buffer show ...good for him glad he found success but ...not the same without the srn crew . What was yawls favorite srn show ? Beatdown ? Cheap seats . Savage dogg show . Sherdog rewind ?

Reactions: JSN
There were four great shows on the SRN:

MMA Sunday School
Rewind
Roundtables
Beatdown After the Bell (when they had good hosts)

Jack Encarnacao and Rodney Dean were legit talents.

Sadly I assume to appease the Crave accountants, the shows more and more just became TJ, so it’s no surprise that it died a slow death.

You can still catch TJ and Sherwood on Between Rounds Radio (through Patreon). Sadly, Breen has been out of the picture for some time due to some personal problems. TJ and Nick Albert (Team Quest and former Clinch Gear guy) do a weekly show and there were some other shows as well. My favourite was one he was doing for a bit called MMA Stories: The good, the bad and the weird(or something to that effect)....it was with Jeremy Horn and Monte Cox. A great listen for older MMA fans.

With the pandemic going and "Extra rounds" taking off on fight pass (this is like the old Beatdown after the bell)...TJ hasn't been able to out up shows on the Patreon feed as often lately...but he's trying. Either way.....TLDR....You can find him on Between Rounds Radio (some of the shows are achieved for free).

Enjoy!

Ah SRN.....back in the hay day during the initial UFC boom(06-09) Sherdog radio was killing it. Beatdown After the Bell by far my favorite program(i don't think anyone else did an immediate after show back then). Roundtables were also good. Sherwood selling it to shitty owners was start of the fall. Really their refusal to adopt to video(Youtube) was a death blow long term. TJ was a radio guy and that was his space and he didn't want to jump ship.....I also remember Breen didn't like the video id and claimed doing weekly video chats was something Luke Thomas was already doing and he would stick to shit like chats.

Ah SRN.....back in the hay day during the initial UFC boom(06-09) Sherdog radio was killing it. Beatdown After the Bell by far my favorite program(i don't think anyone else did an immediate after show back then). Roundtables were also good. Sherwood selling it to shitty owners was start of the fall. Really their refusal to adopt to video(Youtube) was a death blow long term. TJ was a radio guy and that was his space and he didn't want to jump ship.....I also remember Breen didn't like the video id and claimed doing weekly video chats was something Luke Thomas was already doing and he would stick to shit like chats.

I listened from like 2010 - 2016? I think that is when it crashed?

Breen looking a little odd in that vid.

I listened from like 2010 - 2016? I think that is when it crashed?

Breen looking a little odd in that vid.

Yeah 2010 - 2016 was the crash, 2006-2009 was basically peak Sherdog...they were synonymous with the UFC's initial rise but they kept falling after that once the UFC started to cool off as a brand and they never were able to regain traffic because video became big and sites like MMAFighting popped up.

Crave completely overpaid for Sherdog and didn't know what the fuck they were doing. They only cared about the traffic Sherdog was bringing in but they didn't know anything about MMA. Basically the staff was bleeding them money but apparently Jeff Sherwood had a deal baked in when he sold that his staff was taken care of so they basically had secure jobs for a while. Jeff even mentioned he was able to get them health insurance as part of the deal which was unheard of.

Yeah Breen not looking great...he goes off topic a lot. Wasn't able to move his career up in this space. He got a great head start getting a high profile Sherdog gig back in 2006 or 2007 I think at 18 years old but basically wasn't able to capitalized and stayed strictly in his odd ball MMA niche running radio on a platform nobody was listening to for all those years.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 1.54.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 1.54.50 PM.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 3
I was listening to the SRN before it went live.

Sad that it dieded. But such is the way of things.

Anyone know what happened to Breen? My bet is on drugs and alcohol.

Used to listen to almost every SRN radio show everyday while working. Tried to listen to TJ's current podcast Between The Rounds or something like that and had to turn it off while he kept talking about Uber and CA independent contractor law instead of MMA.

Liked the pre-fight Roundtables, Beatdown After The Bell, anytime they got some big guest like GSP.

I was listening to the SRN before it went live.

Sad that it dieded. But such is the way of things.

Anyone know what happened to Breen? My bet is on drugs and alcohol.
Also curious. I'd guess complications from too many weirdo piercings or lice in the beard.

Back