I miss Ronda being in the UFC

LOL only dumbasses swallowed that shit.
I remember that time when forums where shouting how magnificent and improved her striking was, when she hit pads or heavybag. Posing on the Ring magazine and watching highlights of Sara and Bethe KOes.

It was like that here on Sherdog too? I know there was still some chicks and crazy white knights on here back when she was fighting Nunes. I don't even want to imagine what it was like before she lost to Holm.

I'm glad Ronda was stopped before it got too out of hand, her fans were the batshit crazy delusional feminist types. Can you imagine if she actually got scheduled to fight a man? She would've gotten murdered and everybody who witnessed it would feel disgusted with themselves.

People would have certainly eaten that shit up back then though.

Most people loved her until she was on TUF with Moesha and then everyone wanted to see her get her comeuppance.

I had a teammate that went against her in judo in a tournament in Canada and she said her experience was really good with her. She said she was friendly and they had a conversation or two there.

As for her ability, her judo in MMA was fantastic. The people that trash that part of her game don't know anything -- and that even applies to pro analysts and trainers. The talking heads don't even know how to describe any judo techniques other than "judo throw" or "judo trip." How could fans know any better unless they did judo too? There were quite a few of us who called it when we said Rousey was going to break Meisha's arm in Strikeforce on the Sherdog....but I guess Tate was a "soccer mom?" Same applies to Sarah McMann a silver medalist in wrestling who Rousey blew through. A bunch of those women are still pros and are in the UFC to this day.

In Rousey's 12 wins, they were all finishes and with under 14 minutes in the ring. Wrap your head around that.

If Rousey focused on her strengths rather than buying into the nonsense about her striking, taking on too much outside of the ring (movies, appearances, etc.) and most importantly have a proper perspective she would likely still be in MMA. Her bouts were always exciting and IMO, she and Cyborg were the only two females worth watching. Nobody gives a shit about any of these other women in the UFC, as much as the company and some strange hardcore fans want to act like people do. The moment someone like Holm lost, they were right off the band wagon......Yet people still talk about Rousey and she hasn't even competed in years. She triggers the millienials something fierce.

Ronda strikes me as someone that has trouble being in the public spotlight and let the wrong people get into her head (Edmond). If you were watching since Strikeforce, you could see the transformation as her star was getting brighter and brighter.

In a lot of ways Rousey is a typical overly emotional female and I guess you can fault her for that?

How were THEY able to sell US that she can strike? Let me just ask that?

Bought media and the fact she KO'd Bethe Correia in 30 seconds. People will believe whatever they're told to believe. It didn't hurt that Rousey was dominating everyone and then showed what she could do with her fists that one time at least.

When Ronda was undefeated and beating everyone in 13 seconds; those days were filled with Honda nuthuggers that believed she would beat Mayeather, Cyborg, Dillashaw, and Cain under the right circumstances. People bought into the once ever idea (huge Ppv star), and Ronda was in every movie and tv show out there. Those were the good ol days when Sherdog was more fun. Who else's misses Honda is the Mike Tyson of mma days?

She had a nice thickness about her that these other girls just didn’t have.

Back