I met Big Nog and he was one of the nicest guys ever. Who are the other 'Nice guys'

MMAJim

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys. At the same event, I got to meet Luke Rockhold I also got the chance to speak to Big Nog. Seriously this guy was alongside Junior Dos Santos as one of the P4P nicest people I've ever had the chance of interviewing.

Here we talk about UFC London tonight, Kevin Randleman, Frank Mir breaking his arm. Look at the way he end the interview man, total gent.

I had lunch with Ben Askren once and he held the door open for me and remarked on how he likes my shoes. Really nice guy, shit fighter though.

Jones seems like a sweetheart.

Honestly I've met a bunch of fighters, and they were all nice. It takes a special kind of asshole to be a jerk in a celeb/fan type of scenario. You find that shit moreso with actors and rock stars and the like. Most fighters will have had this beaten out of them at some point in training.

Honestly I've met a bunch of fighters, and they were all nice. It takes a special kind of asshole to be a jerk in a celeb/fan type of scenario. You find that shit moreso with actors and rock stars and the like. Most fighters will have had this beaten out of them at some point in training.

Sometimes it seems like Cormier can be a douche. But thats mostly just a few stories

Big nog is a super nice guy. One of my good buddies here in south fl trains with another gym. He went to compete at NAGA (he's a beginner) and his coach no showed. Big Nog was there and coached/cornered him through all his matches. It was a really nice thing to do.

Other super nice guy is Edson Barboza.

I met Jon Jones, he introduced me to the Bumper of his Car (it hurt)

Trained with Abner Lloveras yesterday, quiet guy just puts the head down and works.

Sparred him later on in the day. He didn't kick the shite out of me when my cardio went, kept the pressure up but hit light. That was nice of him.

Cole Miller, met him when they opened ATT Low Country here in Charleston SC.

Sometimes it seems like Cormier can be a douche. But thats mostly just a few stories
I never trust that stuff unless I know the person telling the story, or a bunch of people say it. There are some douchey fans who are unaware douches to a celeb, and then walk away saying 'man that guy was a douche' when really the douche was them.

big nog cool?

ha, thats quite unexpected

Met a lot of fighters, but probably the nicest ones that I can remember were Jens Pulver, Fabricio Werdum or Pat Barry.

Jens Pulver by far is the nicest humblest fighter you will meet.

TS I just watched the interview, nice stuff, but get a goddamn microphone. They are cheap, and make the sound way better and far more clear.

The nicest mma fighter I have met is Mousasi. I visited his gym once to see him train. He came over to me and we had a short conversation. He offered me a drink and after the training he asked me if I liked it and whether it was not too boring to watch. After some laughs he asked me if I wanted to train at his gym. He was almost too humble.

Hey guys. At the same event, I got to meet Luke Rockhold I also got the chance to speak to Big Nog. Seriously this guy was alongside Junior Dos Santos as one of the P4P nicest people I've ever had the chance of interviewing.

Here we talk about UFC London tonight, Kevin Randleman, Frank Mir breaking his arm. Look at the way he end the interview man, total gent.

Years ago I got to hang out with Shogun Rua when he was in Toronto for a week, just before the Chuck Liddell fight.

He was easily one of the nicest and most humble people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. My friend had him come to his store (he sold fight gear), and Shogun signed every autograph and took the time to talk to every single person who came up to him. At one point my friend asked him if he wanted him to close the doors so he can take a rest, and Shogun responded with something like "no no, this is why I became a fighter".

We got to hang out with him for days, went to the gym and trained with him and Andre Dida on one occasion... not just the nicest fighter I've ever met (I met quite a few), but also one of the coolest human beings you could ever meet.

Back