I LOVE ROBBIE LAWLER but the days of priding yourself on

Being one dimensional in MMA are over! Have been for some years. You can not be so one dimensional. Woodley fought Lawler 100 percent confident that Lawler wasn't gonna shoot for a takedown. That only hurts Lawler. When Woodley faced Rory he had to be careful for the takedown. I understand Lawler is a warrior. He wants to stand and bang. But this is MMA. Not kick boxing.

I've trained in all aspects of MMA and I am a naural wrestler. It's in my DNA. But I also learned bjj, muay Thai etc. If I were an MMA fighter I'd be so unpredictable as to what I'd do. Maybe I shoot for a takedown. Maybe a strike with you. Who knows.
Then when we analyze all the greats in MMA. All the dominant champions. They are very multi faceted. If Cain could stay healthy he'd still be on top. But I felt Werdum was his krytonite. Werdum is another all time great. He can fight you ANYWHERE! He wasnt always like this. He evolved and got some killer muay Thai over the years.

One thing I love about Lawler is that after he loses he seems to always come back strong!!! When he got KO'd by Nick Diaz he came back. When he lost to Hendricks the first time he came back. I think when he comes back this time. He needs to evolve a bit. The dude has wrestling and bjj skills. He has defensive striking. He has all the tools. He just chooses to fight how he wants to fight. If he wants his belt back. He's gonna have to make some changes. Skating by on razor thin decisions only takes you so far. The same fate ruined Machida. Too defensive of a fighter. No offense. Where with Lawler it's the opposite, all offense with no variety.
All I understood from this was :
Oi+m8+u+fookin+mad+m8+u+fookin+_09cddd977aa21792732f0a6f8072e0da.jpg

Very self congratulatory and reductionist. Lawler is actually a very good wrestler, he just utilizing it in reverse to keep the fight where he wants it, on the feet. Your prescription for elite success is usually a recipe for the opposite at a high level. Rory is maybe the most well rounded fighter in the UFC, yet he lost to lawler twice.

pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs
adjective: pretentious
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

You sound like you would be an elite UFC fighter by the way you described yourself. Let us know when you make your debut
No. I would get my ass kicked. I'm an amatuer/hobbyist. When ever a guy like me tries to fight a pro. It ends very bad for the non pro. Lol. But as a fan who watches. I meant to tie in the fact that most of the greats are multi dimensional! From Fedor to GSP. To Jones to Aldo.

I look forward to your UFC debut, sounds like a future champ

Very self congratulatory and reductionist. Lawler is actually a very good wrestler, he just utilizing it in reverse to keep the fight where he wants it, on the feet. Your prescription for elite success is usually a recipe for the opposite at a high level. Rory is maybe the most well rounded fighter in the UFC, yet he lost to lawler twice.
You have a point. Rory is kind of everything I'm describing here. And he lost twice to Lawler. I understand the whole point of wanting to keep the fight where u want it. But doesn't that become predictable? I could be wrong. I guess I'm just trying to come up with excuses as to why Lawler lost. I was so confident that Lawler would win. Wtf was I thinking? But at the same time. I hedged my bet and put money on Woodley by TKO/KO in the first. Because if Woodley WAS going to win. It would be in the first, maybe the second. Then he will gas. I don't remember if Woodley has even been in a 5 rounder before!!!

You're a Herb mate.

<mma3>

People were saying" the days of one dimensional mma are over" ten years ago.......and those guys were actually one dimensional. 1ZYHHEt.png

I had to delete the part about me training and saying what I would do. It kinda missed the point I was trying to make. The point I was making is that the real all time greats are very multi dimensional. From Fedor to GSP. Etc etc. I shouldn't have compared myself. That was a bad move.

Robbie has headkick KO wins, flying knee KOs. Tons of KOs from punches. 5 round decision wins in multiple championship fights. He's got submission wins, and he's a former collegic wrestler.

He is, extremely well rounded.

You have a point. Rory is kind of everything I'm describing here. And he lost twice to Lawler. I understand the whole point of wanting to keep the fight where u want it. But doesn't that become predictable? I could be wrong. I guess I'm just trying to come up with excuses as to why Lawler lost. I was so confident that Lawler would win. Wtf was I thinking? But at the same time. I hedged my bet and put money on Woodley by TKO/KO in the first. Because if Woodley WAS going to win. It would be in the first, maybe the second. Then he will gas. I don't remember if Woodley has even been in a 5 rounder before!!!
He lost because Woodley feinted and Robbie dropped his hands and Woodley caught him. In a bigger sense I think he lost because after so many big fights in a row, Robbie just couldn't get up for this one. Kind of like a mental motivational adrenaline dump. He was a step slower, a little bit less aggressive and focused. So he made a mistake and Woodley caught him. I think lawler will come roaring back and wear the belt again within a year.

Last edited:
Back